Pride or Glory

titanic27

We are looking for a western carribean cruise next January and are narrowing down to the Pride out of Tampa and the Glory out of Miami.

They have the same stops, the Pride is a Spirit class ship never been on one yet, the Glory is a Conquest class done this with the Liberty and then the Valor.

The Pride is about 50$ cheaper, flights to Tampa are not out yet but if i compare with Miami( in december) also cheaper , the same for hotels...

What are your toughts?:rolleyes:

I don't know but I had the same question you had and have sailed on the same previous ships you sailed. I went with the Glory. We sail at the end of March. Sad thing is, I can't recall now why we picked the Glory. Maybe it was th size of ship. We drive so flights don't matter. Tampa is closer to home (ATL) but we chose the Glory. Not sure why, lol.:o

We are looking for a western carribean cruise next January and are narrowing down to the Pride out of Tampa and the Glory out of Miami.

They have the same stops, the Pride is a Spirit class ship never been on one yet, the Glory is a Conquest class done this with the Liberty and then the Valor.

The Pride is about 50$ cheaper, flights to Tampa are not out yet but if i compare with Miami( in december) also cheaper , the same for hotels...

Breeze or Splendor are nicer ships.

Having sailed both ships, I vote for Pride. She is a wonderful, classy ship, smaller but less crowded than Glory, and the entire aft pool deck is wide open and is Serenity.

I have been on both the Glory and the Pride. IMHO the Pride is a far better pick. It's smaller, easier to navigate, and will have most if not all of the same upgrades as the Glory got. The Glory is extremely hard to navigate with the stadium seating on Lido and the fact you can't cross the whole ship on decks I believe 3 & 4.

You mentioned flights and hotels in Miami are more expensive. An option would be to stay in and Fly in/out of Fort Lauderdale and take a shuttle to Miami. My wife and I have done this every time we have left out of Miami. As far as which ship I don't know.

I have been on the Glory and did not find it crowded or hard to navigate as some have mentioned but I have not been on the Pride. I have noticed that on a rare occasion ships returning to Tampa sometimes have to wait to come under the bridge because of Fog. I have never experienced this on the three cruises I have had out of there though.

Bottom line, look at the ports, port times, deck plans and go with your gut. I am pretty sure you will have a great time no matter which ship you choose. Have a great cruise!!!! :D:D