How safe is X website?

sollan

I have just found out that X have replaced my adress with some one elses on the Captains Club site. Have contacted CC and asked them to fix this ASAP. It's not the first time personal information suddenly is exchanged with somone else. And I have a feeling that I haven't the knowledge about everything that has gone wrong....

I now have strong doubts if Celebrity really are capable of handeling personal information. Considering that they haven't been any good of taking care of other problems at their site.

Any thoughts?

Edited by sollan

No thoughts?

I do remember that I have read some earlier postings about suddenly seeing other persons reservations on their "My Celebrity".

I haven't even recieved a mail confirming that they have started to look into my problem, seems like they don't think it's much of an issue that I can see other customers info... Oh well...:cool:

I'd venture to say if there were some horrible problems, their Facebook page and these boards would be lit up with messages like this.

Must be a one-off very, very rare occurrence. I have read the occasional post here but doesn't seem like an epidemic or anything to generate concern.

Seems far safer than shopping at Target and using a credit card to pay. :D

We had the same problem around 2010, someone with the same name as me, living in Florida, and we got is CC points!

He was Elite status, and we were not Elite at that time, but 'Elite' was on our cruise cards! We really enjoyed the perks on our cruise!

Sounds more like a database error that's scrambling the information than a safety issue to me.

DB errors that means that I (or any one else) can get hold of others personal information is to me a saftey problem. No matter how often/rare it occurs.

I am sure their security systems are no better and probably nowhere near as safe as those of the various banks and retailers whose credit information has been hacked in the past.

They have not been targeted as of yet and hopefully they are able to stay under the radar away from hacker's attention..

bosco