All Barbados Experts

roosterhead

Looking for a hotel, with a great beach, local dining and shopping. I want to visit rum shops, the fish fry, art galleries and the pottery places.

Know I will have to pay for taxis for alot of it, but would love places to eat within walking distance.

Was thinking Holetown.

Looking for a hotel, with a great beach, local dining and shopping. I want to visit rum shops, the fish fry, art galleries and the pottery places.

Know I will have to pay for taxis for alot of it, but would love places to eat within walking distance.

Was thinking Holetown.

Holetown is on the west coast and you will find most of the above items in the area(except fish fry). However the west coast(which is also referred to as the platinum coast:cool:) is normally a bit more expensive than the south coast...where you will find the fish fry in Oistins as well as your other prerequisites.

I don't know if you are budget conscious like myself:D but IMHO you get more bang for your buck on the South coast.

The Bougainvillea is a very nice property just east of St Lawrence Gap on the south side.

Units have small kitchenettes and the beach in front is lovely.

Car rental is a good option to get around if you don't mind right hand drive and narrow roads.

Bouganvillea is a well-run hotel, popular -with many repeat customers!

It's on the Maxwell Coast Road, off the busy South Coast Main Road.

Stay there and you'll be all right ;)

If i take the bus to earthworks pottery, then when i am done there, how do i get to my next destination? do the busses come around to all areas often, or can you call to get picked up? I am just not sure how it all works. the other places we want to go would be welchman's hall gully, and paynes bay beach. Or should we hire a taxi for a whole day?

thanks for your input

If i take the bus to earthworks pottery, then when i am done there, how do i get to my next destination? do the busses come around to all areas often, or can you call to get picked up? I am just not sure how it all works. the other places we want to go would be welchman's hall gully, and paynes bay beach. Or should we hire a taxi for a whole day?

thanks for your input

Earthworks pottery is a bit off the beaten bath so I would recommend getting a taxi there and to your next destination. Unfortunately the bus service to those areas are unreliable at best.:(

It maybe best for you to hire a taxi for the whole day if you want to go all those places.

• 1 month later...
Bouganvillea is a well-run hotel, popular -with many repeat customers!

It's on the Maxwell Coast Road, off the busy South Coast Main Road.

Stay there and you'll be all right ;)

This is where you should stay! Head to the Carib Beach Bar near by for the best flying fish on the island, and just down the road is Surfside Restaurant, which has the second best :)