Chocolate Diamonds

Sharon Le

I am very offended by this. It is your opinion and you are welcome to it. But to make such a definative statement?

I never thought much of them, in truth, until my husband gave me one that HE chose for ME after a very difficult year that saw the death of my last parent. We were renewing our vows and he wanted me to have a new ring. It was made by a specialty jeweller in our town. Not at a mass market chain shop.

Would I call it chocolate...no...but I think it is beautiful and that is all that counts I guess. I have an engagement ring and didn't need another clear diamond. I was looking for something different. This is pink gold and I am very proud to wear my ugly ring.

ry%3D400

I nearly red triangled your post, that is how offended I was. But then I would be foisting my opinion on the community and I won't do that either.

I'll keep my ring and wish you could have kept your ugly comment to yourself.

First of all, how nice of your DH to get this for you. That make is it special in it's own right :D It's a beautiful ring - I suspect is technically chocolate - but I'm no genius in diamonds - I just know what I like.

Your ring is beautiful and special. don't let one post bother you.

I have seen some beautiful chocolate diamonds - it depends upon the settings, etc. Don't let any post tarnish your beautiful gift or the memories that it stirs in you.:D

I am very offended by this. It is your opinion and you are welcome to it. But to make such a definative statement?

I never thought much of them, in truth, until my husband gave me one that HE chose for ME after a very difficult year that saw the death of my last parent. We were renewing our vows and he wanted me to have a new ring. It was made by a specialty jeweller in our town. Not at a mass market chain shop.

Would I call it chocolate...no...but I think it is beautiful and that is all that counts I guess. I have an engagement ring and didn't need another clear diamond. I was looking for something different. This is pink gold and I am very proud to wear my ugly ring.

ry%3D400

I nearly red triangled your post, that is how offended I was. But then I would be foisting my opinion on the community and I won't do that either.

I'll keep my ring and wish you could have kept your ugly comment to yourself.

Oops, I am so sorry. No offense meant. I'd completely forgotten how the thread had started by the time I did my post. I was totally thoughtless.

Oops, I am so sorry. No offense meant. I'd completely forgotten how the thread had started by the time I did my post. I was totally thoughtless.

I am not the OP but I really do appreciate your post. I guess that is what makes for diversity -there is something for everyone.

Thanks again and to startwin and Kazu, yesterday was a difficult day for non-cruise reasons and I was too touchy. :o

The timing for this is so funny. The Canadian shopping channel has Morganite on today. Everything is selling out and the presenter keeps on repeating "pink emerald" "pink emerald".....

I don't like the Morganite, I don't like the chocolate diamonds and I think that some (just some, not all) of the Caribbean shops are vastly over priced for what they have.

But opinion is opinion, and that was mine. :D