3rd and 4th Berths on Vista Class

Shetlander

Apologies for such a boring question!

We are a family of 4 who enjoyed a cruise on Ryndam last October. We had an outside cabin on this ship and the extra berths consisted of a single sofa bed and an upper bunk above one side of the double bed.

It looks to me like the extra berths in the verandah cabins on the Vista class of ships are a single sofabed and a drop down bed above the sofa. I'm imagining that it is contained within the cupboards that are shown above the sofa?

Also would the steward normally put away the extra beds during the day - in order the create more space in the cabin. This is my experience elsewhere but I wondered what HAL's policy was?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Shetlander

I can't confirm where the 4th berth is placed but I can tell you that on the 2 HAL cruises as a family of 4 the sofa was always a bed and was not converted to a sofa for day time seating. On one cruise the 4th berth was pushed up closer to the ceiling but did not dissappear. On Disney the sofa went back to being a sofa during the day and the 4th bear the completely disappeared.

We sailed on the Westerdam in a 4 berth cabin. The sofa pulls out to a single bed, and there was a "pullman" bed that dropped down from the ceiling over the double bed. It is not in the over-the-sofa cupboard - that is just storage. The drop down bed completely goes into the ceiling, you might not even realize that it is there unless you knew what to look for.

Each night our steward let down the pullman bed and opened up the sofa bed, and in the morning he stowed both away.

Fourth bed on the Zuiderdam Main deck - over the sofa

142g8ye.jpg

There are no Veranda cabins on the Main Deck.

As DaisyLou stated, the sofa turns into a bed for one and the fourth bed drops from the ceiling over the "head" of the double bed. On our last cruise we were in a "4 person" veranda cabin but had 3 people. In order to maintain access to the veranda we had the Steward set up the overhead bed for DS each night instead of the sofa bed.

4 people in a cabin is a tight fit, so try to maintain a good attitude!

Fourth bed on the Zuiderdam Main deck - over the sofa

142g8ye.jpg

There are no Veranda cabins on the Main Deck.

Even though the bed pictured is in a different location, the picture does show very nicely how it's placed in the ceiling.

Apologies for such a boring question!

We are a family of 4 who enjoyed a cruise on Ryndam last October. We had an outside cabin on this ship and the extra berths consisted of a single sofa bed and an upper bunk above one side of the double bed.

It looks to me like the extra berths in the verandah cabins on the Vista class of ships are a single sofabed and a drop down bed above the sofa. I'm imagining that it is contained within the cupboards that are shown above the sofa?

Also would the steward normally put away the extra beds during the day - in order the create more space in the cabin. This is my experience elsewhere but I wondered what HAL's policy was?

Thanks for your help.

We sailed on the Zuiderdam as a family of 4 in September 2012. I always had my kids put the beds away before starting the day of excursions etc. So, I have no idea if the steward would have done it. However, the beds were always made up and ready as part of the nightly turndown service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app