Couple more last minute questions

TequilaToo

Haven't done a cruise in 17 years, and never with RCI. So just a couple of questions that are popping into my head at the last minute...I'd try looking these answers up myself if search were not disabled. I almost went into panic mode when the boards were down two days ago! Great timing!

I thought I read somewhere about having your sea pass punched & laminated and wearing it on a lanyard?

My son won't have any difficulty with bringing his collection of therapeutic essential oils, will he?

Our adult children are in one cabin, we are in another. Each bringing two bottles of wine on board at embarkation. But my son's carry-on luggage is full, ours not so much. Can we just put the bottles they are going to carry on in a plastic bag and carry it on that way? My son thinks he'll look like a "dork".

We each have a thermal bag of soda we are planning to check. Do we need regular I.D. tags on those as well as the baggage tags? I'm running out of tags last minute. Can I just put a piece of paper inside with our name/phone number on anything I don't have a regular I.D. tag for?

I may come back for more as the day progresses...:D

You can get get the card punched... not laminated.... wouldn't work if it were... you can then wear it on your own lanyard or in your own plastic wallet :)

I must have dreamt the laminating part. :o Where do you go to get it punched?

Haven't done a cruise in 17 years, and never with RCI. So just a couple of questions that are popping into my head at the last minute...I'd try looking these answers up myself if search were not disabled. I almost went into panic mode when the boards were down two days ago! Great timing!

I thought I read somewhere about having your sea pass punched & laminated and wearing it on a lanyard?

My son won't have any difficulty with bringing his collection of therapeutic essential oils, will he?

Our adult children are in one cabin, we are in another. Each bringing two bottles of wine on board at embarkation. But my son's carry-on luggage is full, ours not so much. Can we just put the bottles they are going to carry on in a plastic bag and carry it on that way? My son thinks he'll look like a "dork".

We each have a thermal bag of soda we are planning to check. Do we need regular I.D. tags on those as well as the baggage tags? I'm running out of tags last minute. Can I just put a piece of paper inside with our name/phone number on anything I don't have a regular I.D. tag for?

I may come back for more as the day progresses...:D

We don't punch our seapass, but many do.

Shouldn't have any problems with therapeutic oils. Depending on bottle size, they really only check for alcohol. Can't imagine a problem other than them looking in them if they are large bottles. But if you have any kind of prescription for them take it with you.

Just to be clear, when you talk about "each" bringing on wine, it is 2 bottles per CABIN, not per person (I'm assuming you "adult children" are 21). And they will likely need to be split into 2 carryons. If you have all 4 together they will be questioned. But a quick explanation should suffice. We had a friend with 4 bottles. When security stopped her, the guy behind in line said he had no wine so they could just consider 2 bottles his. The security guy was ok with that and let it through. But not sure it'll always work that way. Just easier to split the wine up.

I assume by a "regular ID tag" you mean one that is not "cruise line." You don't actually "need" one, they are just a help if the cruise tag is ripped off. But there's a chance you'll get called to the "naughty room" if you send sodas up with luggage. Depends on whether or not they think there could be alcohol in them. If they're cans, probably no problem, bottles are another issue. It's not a problem, just a pain.

Edited by papaflamingo

Guest services = on the ship, or in the terminal? Where does one collect the sea pass? On board, or before boarding?

You get your SeaPass at check-in in the terminal. Guest Services is on board the ship.

Shouldn't have any problems with therapeutic oils. Depending on bottle size, they really only check for alcohol. Can't imagine a problem other than them looking in them if they are large bottles. But if you have any kind of prescription for them take it with you.

No Rx, but they are very tiny bottles. Couldn't get a buzz if he filled all of them with vodka and drank 'em all at once. :)

Just to be clear, when you talk about "each" bringing on wine, it is 2 bottles per CABIN, not per person (I'm assuming you "adult children" are 21). And they will likely need to be split into 2 carryons. If you have all 4 together they will be questioned. But a quick explanation should suffice. We had a friend with 4 bottles. When security stopped her, the guy behind in line said he had no wine so they could just consider 2 bottles his. The security guy was ok with that and let it through. But not sure it'll always work that way. Just easier to split the wine up.

Yes, adult children are well past 21...and I did know about the 2 bottles per cabin limit, but thanks for the reminder. We'll probably just put the 2 bottles he can't fit in his carry-on bags in the wine store bag we got when we purchased them.

I assume by a "regular ID tag" you mean one that is not "cruise line." You don't actually "need" one, they are just a help if the cruise tag is ripped off. But there's a chance you'll get called to the "naughty room" if you send sodas up with luggage. Depends on whether or not they think there could be alcohol in them. If they're cans, probably no problem, bottles are another issue. It's not a problem, just a pain.

All cans, many of them with the original six-pack plastic holders, but not all. I've heard some people just get their thermal bags delivered empty, but if that happens, oh well.