Love the FCC Promo Princess ran earlier this year

SLCfirsttimer

Just booked my next cruise for this November using the FCC promotion Princess had running earlier this year. Took a 4 day cruise out of LA, all of the cruise fare for myself, my wife, and two kids is now applied to a 7 day Caribbean cruise this fall!

Long time Princess cruisers, is this promotion something that they have done in the past?

This was not done in the past.

It was done purely to fill the ships as the 3-4 night cruises proved not to be popular and bookings were very low.

Purely a guess, but I am thinking Princess will not schedule this many 3-4 night cruises in the future so that they have to give away the cruise and deploy these ships back to 7 or 10 night cruises.

Just booked my next cruise for this November using the FCC promotion Princess had running earlier this year. Took a 4 day cruise out of LA, all of the cruise fare for myself, my wife, and two kids is now applied to a 7 day Caribbean cruise this fall!

Long time Princess cruisers, is this promotion something that they have done in the past?

This is the first time I've seen this type of promotion in the 11 years I've been cruising on Princess. I have my FCC burning a hole in my pocket... gotta make a decision soon! :p

I have not seen this specific promo offered prior. I heard it was a success by PCL. The goal was to get additional bookings which generate higher income and bring along new cruisers to PCL.

My Jan. 2014 4 day applied to my 12/13/2014 Ruby cruise.

I have not seen this specific promo offered prior. I heard it was a success by PCL. The goal was to get additional bookings which generate higher income and bring along new cruisers to PCL.

The goal was to fill the ships as they were not filling them through traditional methods. If the ships had been full, they would not have to have offered this type of promo.

I think it was more of a ""promo" advertising these new 4 days coastal cruises.

My understanding is that they were very popular, so will have to wait and see what happens in the future.

Princess is testing the waters by keeping 2 ships on the West Coast all yr around.

Living in Vancouver I think it's great!!!:D

We booked that same one. Used our FCC from our Jan Ruby 5 night cruise and booked the 12/13 on Ruby.

I enjoyed it also.

just a short flight to LA:D

That's another benefit as well, no direct flights to Fort Lauderdale for me, and LA is only about a 90 minute flight.

Hope they do them again in the future, even if they don't I will still consider the 4 day coastals for a mid-winter get away.

This is the first time I've seen this type of promotion in the 11 years I've been cruising on Princess. I have my FCC burning a hole in my pocket... gotta make a decision soon! :p

Good luck! Not sure what the hardest part about cruising is, deciding on the itinerary or the long wait once you have decided. :)

The goal was to fill the ships as they were not filling them through traditional methods. If the ships had been full, they would not have to have offered this type of promo.

Exactlly...I was so excited when I saw these short crusies something princess has never offered out of LA. So I immedately booked 2 cabins for the 3 days before Thanksgiving. Right after I made final payment the 100%promo broke out for Oct. 21 and a few weeks following, then 50% for some sailings in Nov./Dec. at that point I was so sad...because this told me they were not selling and then when the January 100% promo came back which started before thanksgiving..I'm liked these sailings are doomed..... But who knows....

It reminded me when the swine flu broke out in Mexico and the cruises were switched to Pacific Coastals...Everyone is so on board when they get a deal...but no one supports the cruise itinerary, if they don't. That's why we keep on losing ships in LA...we're a fickled group...

I think the promo was great marketing...becasue they are getting you to book another cruise. BTW I got nothing for my TG week cruise. But did take a promo in Oct. and Jan...but took the cruises because of celebrating special occasions..not becasue of the promo. I most likey will not use one of them.

I am sure some people are booking the Oct.2014 cruises with the hope the promo will come again...and i can just see the mass of cancellations if it doesn't.

I think Princess will and has come up with a much better price point for the remaining cruises like they did for the March shorties.

Only time will tell..........

But until then Princess has made alot of people happy and alot of people have reached status levels because of the promos...so they have certainly bought some product loyalty and filled their ships with pax who will pay tips and keep their employees working.

Edited by land lover

I know 3-4 night sailings were mentioned for this promotion, but I got this promotion on a 5 night also.

It would be wonderful if we see it again and I would absolutely book it!:)

I also sailed 5 days - on Ruby end of January and am now booked March 16 on Royal Princess for a 7 day. Both sailings were/will be solo so I normally pay extra. Getting 2 for 1 really helps me out and I would absolutely book again for this sort of deal!

Just reread what I wrote on post 16 and I know it does not address the promos and Get-away cruises out of Fl...so I do not know the gossip on them just know ..I am disappointed..that it doesn't look good for the West Coast getaways in the future..... we just don't have the clientèle to fill them up and Esenada is not a big draw:(

Edited by land lover

But did take a promo in Oct. and Jan...but took the cruises because of celebrating special occasions..not becasue of the promo. I most likely will not use one of them.

Unless one of them covered the complete cost of the minimum 7-day cruise you had to book to apply the credit, you should be able to apply the second one to that same cruise.

Edited by caribill