Signature Suites on NA

johnmik1

We are booked on the 4/6 transatlantic on Nieuw Amsterdam from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona and decided to change from a VB cabin to a SZ guarantee.The website is currently showing all SZ & SY suites as unavailable with only SS cabins showing as open.Having never sailed HAL in a suite,I am wondering if I made a good decision.Will this suite get the double points towards my Mariner Society total?Also,I don't seem to see many amenities other than a larger cabin.Can anyone give me some insight into their experiences with a guarantee and this type of suite?Thanks in advance.

We are booked on the 4/6 transatlantic on Nieuw Amsterdam from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona and decided to change from a VB cabin to a SZ guarantee.The website is currently showing all SZ & SY suites as unavailable with only SS cabins showing as open.Having never sailed HAL in a suite,I am wondering if I made a good decision.Will this suite get the double points towards my Mariner Society total?Also,I don't seem to see many amenities other than a larger cabin.Can anyone give me some insight into their experiences with a guarantee and this type of suite?Thanks in advance.

If you upgraded yourself, then yes, this will count towards the double mariner points :)

The room is definitely larger and very comfortable (as is the balcony). You also have telephone concierge service with this cabin. (phone for reservations, whatever).

There are some pics on halfacts.com of the different signature suites. Since the N Amsterdam and Eurodam are sister ships - the rooms are the same. Rooms designated with an S are either Signature Suites or Neptune Suites and usually identified on the page:D

If you are not familiar with the new website, you will find the link in my signature. hope this helps:D

If you upgraded yourself, then yes, this will count towards the double mariner points :)

The room is definitely larger and very comfortable (as is the balcony). You also have telephone concierge service with this cabin. (phone for reservations, whatever).

There are some pics on halfacts.com of the different signature suites. Since the N Amsterdam and Eurodam are sister ships - the rooms are the same. Rooms designated with an S are either Signature Suites or Neptune Suites and usually identified on the page:D

If you are not familiar with the new website, you will find the link in my signature. hope this helps:D

We did institute and pay for the upgrade so the double points should apply.Does the concierge do anything over and above what I can request?I have been on your Halfacts site but the videos would not play on my ipad so I just watched them on my laptop and they are appreciated.The table on the balcony will be nice for dinner.Thanks to all for the information.

We did institute and pay for the upgrade so the double points should apply.Does the concierge do anything over and above what I can request?I have been on your Halfacts site but the videos would not play on my ipad so I just watched them on my laptop and they are appreciated.The table on the balcony will be nice for dinner.Thanks to all for the information.

there are other room pics for these cabins on our site. (I think I am allowed to say that as I am part of the 1 of 3).

What else are you looking for the 24 hour telephone service to do? perhaps that is better so I can answer correctly.

here's what I know they can do - specialty restaurant reservations, shore excursions, questions, room service, dvds, account up date for billing, ice, drinks. I've probably left some stuff off - but I think you get the idea.

I'm not sure what else one would want? if I missed something sorry, ask and I will try to help.

there are other room pics for these cabins on our site. (I think I am allowed to say that as I am part of the 1 of 3).

What else are you looking for the 24 hour telephone service to do? perhaps that is better so I can answer correctly.

here's what I know they can do - specialty restaurant reservations, shore excursions, questions, room service, dvds, account up date for billing, ice, drinks. I've probably left some stuff off - but I think you get the idea.

I'm not sure what else one would want? if I missed something sorry, ask and I will try to help.

I guess the concierge does what I have always done myself by asking the room steward or calling for reservations.Thanks for the info!

You will not get the Neptune Suite amenities in the SY. You will not get priority boarding. We have always enjoyed our time in the SY. You'll have double sinks in the bathroom, along with a tub with shower and a seperate shower stall, personalized stationary, a very nice size balcony and plenty of room to get around in the cabin. We enjoyed breakfast on our balcony a few mornings. We have no need for a concierge and the service we received from our cabin stewards and room service was as great as it always is on HAL.

Diane

Edited by legalslave

Is the no host mini bar just the regular minibar that is in all cabins?

Yes. All stocked minibars are pretty much the same in any category. Baseline is that if you drink or eat from the minibar you pay for it.

Edited by Randyk47