Navigator or Freedom?

NOSaints1

If you were to choose which one would it be and why? What is the difference between the two ships? I know one is a freedom and one is a Voyager?

They are closer than before since Navigator's recent dry dock. Both now have a Flowrider. Freedom is still larger, and has some more venues in the Promenade. Freedom also has the kids pool area (H2O zone).

Unless you are driving to Galveston, I'd pick Freedom for the ease of using Port Canaveral over Galveston.

Normally I'd say Freedom in a heartbeat but since Navigator went through a rehab, I think I'd book Navigator for the before and after experience. We did the same thing with Freedom a few years ago.

Edited by Big_G

My Dw and I have been on Carnival Breeze and going on Carnival Valor.

Carnival is nice but entertainment lacks,

food is good. Just feel like there is something missing am I right am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have never been on RC's voyager or freedom class yes, you have been missing something! We have sailed three times each with Carnival and Hal and will be our third time with RC this fall. RC is our favorite because of the WOW feeling we get from them. We have sailed Mariner of the Seas (Voylger class) then Freedom of the Seas (Freedom class) and loved each one. You won't bedisappointed with either, I PROMISE!!!

Have been on Navigator 3 times and Freedom probably 5-6. Never had a single complaint on Freedom. We have decided that we will never even consider Navigator again. Navigator has some serious problems IMHO.

Those problems may have been addressed during it's dry docking this month. There were a lot of changes made during the refit with many new features added.

Have been on Navigator 3 times and Freedom probably 5-6. Never had a single complaint on Freedom. We have decided that we will never even consider Navigator again. Navigator has some serious problems IMHO.

Yeah I'm curious about these "serious problems" that I haven't heard anyone from a Nav cruise ever mention. :rolleyes:

I sailed Navigator three times before I sailed Freedom, but this is going back 4-6 years ago. We found, at that time, the biggest difference was the entertainment-much better on Freedom than Navigator. Sure, I would sail Navigator again, but all things being equal, I'd pick Freedom over Navigator.

We're looking at Navigator out of San Juan in Nov 2015 which would be very port instesive, where going to San Juan this nov, and want to do the other islands but likes what freedom has to offer. So would you still pick the freedom for less ports?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As for ports. that is something you would need to weigh out yourself. We have been to many Caribbean locations already, so it doesn't really matter a lot to us. But if I were traveling in an area that I have never been to, that may certainly change my perspective. Bottom line is that both are great ships, and our experience was wonderful on all 4 cruises I experienced. No complaints here...as stated above, I was more satisfied with the entertainment offerings on Freedom.

How're the restaurants? Do they have a lot of free restaurants, we don't like paying a lot of money to eat and spend the money in other places.

The Main Dining Room, Windjammer (buffet), and Cafe Promenade are no extra charge. Freedom also has Sorrento's which is no extra charge. Both ships offer complimentary room service, except for late night orders when they charge $4 per order.

Nothing worse than blanket comments without and explanation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Normally I'd say Freedom in a heartbeat but since Navigator went through a rehab, I think I'd book Navigator for the before and after experience. We did the same thing with Freedom a few years ago.

I agree with Gregg. Having cruised the NV three times and the FR twice I really like both ships but enjoyed the NV more and now that she has the added features since her recent revitalization makes it a great choice.