Celebrity beverage package increase in 4 days!

whatevergoes

Called my agent at Celebrity today to discuss pricing on upgrades of both 1-2-3 Go Classic Alcohol Package and Classic Non- Alcohol Package for our upcoming cruise. Wanted to upgrade the kids from classic because they love the virgin piña coladas and daiquiris. Asked if I could do for same price on boat and also same price on boat for upgrade to Premium Alcohol Package? He said they were told that in four days the price on board will be $2.00 per day more for non-alcohol and $5.00 per day for upgrade to premium alcohol package. So I did it today on the phone because it will save me on the two adults and two kids $98.00! Not a huge amount but enough for a specialty dinner. Just thought I'd share what I was told. Hope he was accurate, but I'm sure he is, because he is very efficient and I always book through him

Hope this helps and Happy Sailing!

I've read conflicting reports on this and thought i saw something the other day from the Celebrity Cruises poster that we would only pay the difference which would still be the $10 ($11.50).

But, if we wanted to upgrade now, do you know if we do that through our TA or can we call Celebrity directly? I may just do it to have peace of mind and have it taken care of. We have a small OBC which will be gone with one trip to the spa!!!!!

I went direct to Celebrity. He said it still is the $11.50 on board today but will increase in four days so I you why wait and pay more if you're sure you are going to do it anyway? Although, he said if I changed my mind, I could back it out and get full refund prior to sailing. Also, they did allow only me to upgrade to premium alcohol package. My DH was able to keep the classic package,

I believe this 'increase' simply refers to the fact that you have to purchase your beverage pkge at least 4 days before your cruise to get the 'pre-payment' discount. After that, you pay 'onboard' package prices, which cost more on all levels, non-alchoholic and alchoholic.

Last week , I got an email from Celebrity, telling me I had 4 days before the INCREASE, and it was 8 days before my cruise..

There is a price increase that goes into effect after 2/18. We had to call Celebrity to upgrade our package...could not do it online.

Can you post details do this as it will affect quite a few of us and I need to be sure it is actually happening before rushing around this weekend to sort this out

Thanks

Edited by uktog

There is a price increase that goes into effect after 2/18. We had to call Celebrity to upgrade our package...could not do it online.

True, we don't have the beverage package for our next cruise and decided to check the prices on their website. Right now they have the prices until Feb 18 shown as a "special discount" of 9-17% The discounted prices look like the old prices, guess that an increase in price is coming up. If this is true, I will buy the packages today.

Trying to post the link… hope it works

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Edited by drarill

If you have a cruise already booked for which you don't have any beverage package, log on to your reservation and follow the link to buy beverage packages. What you will then see is that there is going to be a price increase on Feb. 18 for packages purchased pre-cruise.

Right now, buying pre-cruise is cheaper than buying on board (e.g. $54/day for the premium pkg v. $59/day, plus 15% gratuities). It appears that starting Feb. 18, the "discount" for buying pre-cruise will disappear.

So if you have been thinking about getting a beverage package for your next booked cruise(s) (e.g., TAs haven't been eligible for the most recent 123GO promos), it looks like now would be a good time to buy. (The packages are refundable if you later change your mind or cancel the cruise.)

You can do this on line; I did it the other day. (Thanks to CC, or I wouldn't have known about the upcoming price increase!)

I will add that I don't know how or whether the Feb. 18 price increase affects those who have the "free" classic package from a promo and want to upgrade to the premium package, but it would seem that it will not have any effect, since the price differential between the 2 packages is $10/day ($11.50/day including the gratuity) whether bought pre-cruise or on board. (That is, $44/$54 and $49/$59 per day plus gratuity). In other words, it appears to me that whatever happens on Feb. 18 with prices will only affect folks who don't have any beverage package at all and want to buy one. I base this solely on my examination of the prices, and encourage others to log on to their reservations and do the same.

Edited by Turtles06

The "on ship" price was increased the first of the year, they left the "pre cruise" price the same, and are bringing it up to match the on ship. We spoke to a super at CC this week, the cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium will still be the difference between the 2 options.

The only time the cost is higher is if you "bought" a package under the "old" price structure and now want to upgrade.

If you are going to "BUY" a package, you can get the lower price till the 18th.

So it sounds like there is no advantage for someone to upgrade now if they got the classic package free as a perk --- difference between the 2 packages will still be the same. Am I reading all this correctly?? The only cruisers who should rush to buy by Feb. 18 are the ones who are paying the full cost, which will be going up next week. Please let me know if I've got this wrong, we aren't sailing until May but I don't want to pay more than necessary to upgrade to the premium package.

So it sounds like there is no advantage for someone to upgrade now if they got the classic package free as a perk --- difference between the 2 packages will still be the same. Am I reading all this correctly?? The only cruisers who should rush to buy by Feb. 18 are the ones who are paying the full cost, which will be going up next week. Please let me know if I've got this wrong, we aren't sailing until May but I don't want to pay more than necessary to upgrade to the premium package.

That's my understanding for the reasons I explained above, and I read the post by wallie5446 as confirming that. But frankly, for anyone in your position who is concerned about this and is sailing fairly soon (or even not soon), you could just upgrade now and not worry about it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Called my agent at Celebrity today to discuss pricing on upgrades of both 1-2-3 Go Classic Alcohol Package and Classic Non- Alcohol Package for our upcoming cruise. Wanted to upgrade the kids from classic because they love the virgin piña coladas and daiquiris. Asked if I could do for same price on boat and also same price on boat for upgrade to Premium Alcohol Package? He said they were told that in four days the price on board will be $2.00 per day more for non-alcohol and $5.00 per day for upgrade to premium alcohol package. So I did it today on the phone because it will save me on the two adults and two kids $98.00! Not a huge amount but enough for a specialty dinner. Just thought I'd share what I was told. Hope he was accurate, but I'm sure he is, because he is very efficient and I always book through him

Hope this helps and Happy Sailing!

I don't understand. Are you saying if you have the classic alcohol package you can pay $2.00 more per day and upgrade to the classic non-alcohol package? I thought you had to basically pay for the upgrade to the premium alcohol package if all you wanted was the non-alcoholic specialty drinks and waters and had the classic alcohol package with 123 Go.

Edited by Jade13

I don't understand. Are you saying if you have the classic alcohol package you can pay $2.00 more per day and upgrade to the classic non-alcohol package? I thought you had to basically pay for the upgrade to the premium alcohol package if all you wanted was the non-alcoholic specialty drinks and waters and had the classic alcohol package with 123 Go.

The non-alcohol- is already included in the classic alcohol pkg, no reason to change anything.

All the packages had an increas the first of the year, the classic non, had a $2 increase, premium non, and classic and premium with, both went up $5 per pkg. Celebrity left the pre-cruise price alone, with no increase. But effective the 18th that will be no more. Pre cruise or wait till you are on ship, there will be no difference in price.

Hope this clears the mud a bit!:)

Hi, I just got off the phone after up grading my classic beverage package to premium. It was 11.50 difference to upgrade. I hope this helps. I wish you luck on getting through. I have tried for days. I tried online also. No luck. I was on hold for 1 hour and 35 minutes when I gave up. I found where you can post your phone number and a time for them to call you. They Did! I had to go through 2 more people, but I made it!

babysmama - can you share how to do that? I did find where I could put in my number and they immediately called back and put me on hold - going on 30 minutes so far.

I have the classic package and am just getting so many different answers to things - I want to upgrade, my cabinmate does not. My TA told me I could not just upgrade myself ahead of time but if I waited until onboard I could. Now, if I'm understanding things correctly, the upgrade price is going up tomorrow as well as the regular purchase price. So I decided to call Celebrity direct and well, this being on hold 30+ minutes sucks lol

I have already been disconnected once after holding for 20 mins and am now on my second try 10 mins into it. I too just want to upgrade my classic to premium but my husband does not. I hope they will do this.

I just reserved the Classic Package on line, but do I have to PAY for it now or will it be added to my on-board account when the cruise is completed? My cruise isn't until October and I haven't even paid my full fare yet. If I cancel the cruise before my deadline and have purchased the drink package, do I get a refund on the package. It says it is not refundable.

I have already been disconnected once after holding for 20 mins and am now on my second try 10 mins into it. I too just want to upgrade my classic to premium but my husband does not. I hope they will do this.

It's my understanding you can do that once you board. The cost will be $11.50 per day, which includes gratuity. I've got a classic as part of the 123 for a June Bermuda cruise, and I'm going to just upgrade myself once I get on board.

It's my understand that this thread deals with Celebrity's beverage packages that if you don't have one at all, get it now because price going up on the 19th.

It will be $11.50 per day now or on ship.

It will be $11.50 per day now or on ship.

Did the price rise actually happen? Having brought soda packages a couple of days ago for our cruise in August I was a bit non plussed to receive an email today suggesting we book to save money??:confused:

Did the price rise actually happen? Having brought soda packages a couple of days ago for our cruise in August I was a bit non plussed to receive an email today suggesting we book to save money??:confused:

I personally have not gone to the web site and checked the cost as of today. We will upgrade after final when we cash RCCL BOA Visa points for OBC and use it to cover the $11.50 pp.

Edited by wallie5446