Carnival Pride (or any Spirit-class) inside cabin question

NCTribeFan

Just moved my May cruise from Fantasy to Pride.

I've sailed Miracle twice and had my only two balcony cabins (one side extended and one aft).

Normally, I'm perfectly fine in an inside. In fact, I prefer them to OV.

Anyway, looking at the deck plans, I see insides on Decks 6, 7, and few on 8 mid-ship that look like they may be a different shape that the typical rectangular 185 sq ft.

I did find ONE pic on another site that looked very much like the 1A cabin I just had on Conquest (7345), except the bed was facing the counter. This cabin was slightly more square. There was no hallway, really. You walked in, closets on the left with the counter along the wall past them; bathroom on the right.

Anyone with any first-hand experience in one of these cabins?

Just moved my May cruise from Fantasy to Pride.

I've sailed Miracle twice and had my only two balcony cabins (one side extended and one aft).

Normally, I'm perfectly fine in an inside. In fact, I prefer them to OV.

Anyway, looking at the deck plans, I see insides on Decks 6, 7, and few on 8 mid-ship that look like they may be a different shape that the typical rectangular 185 sq ft.

I did find ONE pic on another site that looked very much like the 1A cabin I just had on Conquest (7345), except the bed was facing the counter. This cabin was slightly more square. There was no hallway, really. You walked in, closets on the left with the counter along the wall past them; bathroom on the right.

Anyone with any first-hand experience in one of these cabins?

Our Deck 6 cabin on Spirit (6295 I think) seemed standard? Walk in cupboards on one side, bathroom on the other, walk a bit further in, desk on one side, fridge and tv on the other with the end of the bed facing you.

they are basic cabins- just look different on the deck plans.

doors open the same side as the odd numbers

sometimes you can find a deal with the french door cabins-- so keep looking there also

Yeah, the first thing I looked for was French Door. Sold out, but I'm keeping my eye on them in case someone upgrades themselves.

I don't know. The one pic I did find looked like my 7345 on Conquest with the bed turned 90 degrees. Slightly more square than the usual inside.

The counter is down the left side of the cabin like it was in 7345.

The typical inside has the foot of the bed toward the door, at least it was on Glory. Split, they were each against the wall and we had out little tables together in the middle between them and the counters are just past the closets and just past the bathroom.

On Fantasy-class, we always have the split beds in the "L" configuration; gives more floor space.

There's a pic on a popular website where cruises can post their own cabin photos of Spirit 6165.

And here's 7345 on Conquest...

11101627324_1b314232a6_z.jpg

Standing between the closets and the bathroom - the pic of 6165 has the bed rotated

11101626954_18c9653854_z.jpg

Standing at the foot of the bed - counter is the one past the closets

11101609706_c3a83dfde3_z.jpg

Standing at the foot of the bed looking back toward the closets - you can see that there isn't really any hallway. A typical inside is longer and narrower. That cabin was definitely more square than the insides I'm used to.

I really wish that ship deck plans were actually drawn to scale. We know that there are always cabins that are different from how they're shown and/or described on the generic deck plans. I'd hate to pay more to move up several decks thinking I'm getting a cabin like 7345 only to board and find out that it was just another inside cabin and exactly like the one I booked down on Riviera for less money! :p: