Kids sail free.......

monicajay

I just got an e-mail offering kids under 12 travel free. Bermuda, Alaska and Caribbean with only 4 days to book.

It looks like Celebrity is really targeting a younger clientele.

Having received e-mails like this before from both Costa and MSC we tried both of these lines.

Our kids are now grown so this won't encourage us but it does really make it look like Celebrity is targeting a younger audience. And if you book quick you can combine with the 123.....

What do you think?

I just got an e-mail offering kids under 12 travel free. Bermuda, Alaska and Caribbean with only 4 days to book.

It looks like Celebrity is really targeting a younger clientele.

Having received e-mails like this before from both Costa and MSC we tried both of these lines.

Our kids are now grown so this won't encourage us but it does really make it look like Celebrity is targeting a younger audience. And if you book quick you can combine with the 123.....

What do you think?

Could you share a link?

Could you share a link?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?pagename=cyber_sale&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_20390082&rid=258979565&mes=Celebrity%20Cyber%20Sale%20Alaska%20Caribbean%20Bermuda%20February%202014%20RESP&emsc=CCVPASS00000EM%20&empf=U&emct=&lnkid=SPECIALS_CYBER-BUT

The was the title of the e-mail: New low rates on select cruises…and kids sail free‏

I just noticed it now says "additional guests" when yesterday it said kids in the link. But the title still says kids free.

Edited by monicajay

The was the title of the e-mail: New low rates on select cruises…and kids sail free‏

I just noticed it now says "additional guests" when yesterday it said kids in the link. But the title still says kids free.

Thank you, I'll check it out. :) Wondering if I could add a child to an existing, past final cruise without losing other promos. price has actually gone down on my cruise. i'll have to see if my cruise is included in this promo.

Thank you for sharing this! Our 7 1/2 year old has been on 4 cruises (including two 10-days and a 14-day on Celebrity) and is going on 3 more this year! She LOVES cruising and Celebrity has a fantastic kids program. This is awesome - for her and for us :) As a young family, we travel with my in-laws and we all like Celebrity the best. It's always been a great mix of people!

Thanks again for sharing!

Amanda

Is this for new bookings only? We have not yet made final payment.

I managed to get this applied to one of our bookings for my sister in law, her final payment is not due until May. Her cabin also had a price drop, so she went from owing an additional $1200 at final payment to being paid in full! Not bad for a 30 min wait on the phone. Unfortunately, our cabin price went up, and our teens in the connecting room don't count! It's worth a call for those who have under 12 year olds in the same room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We also got this email from Celebrity and were able to able it to apply to our existing booking on the Summit to Bermuda. With the savings we were able to upgrade our Cat 7 oceanview to a Cat 2C Sweet 16 :D:D...

It was no problem to apply to an existing booking (before final payment) the only downside was we lost our onboard credit we got from Celebrity from doing an onboard booking (can't combine with more than one promo... and we weren't giving up our drink packages :eek::D) but still more than made up for it with not having to pay for DD (just tax and fees which to Bermuda are pretty high)

Hope some other people get to take advantage of this deal! and glad we could before both kids are older than 12..

Try Msc.

We've done MSC and they were great (not as great as Celebrity though ;)) and only kids under 12 sail free.. older than that it is a discounted rate

I believe Costa still offers kids up to 18 to sail free.. but we won't be sailing with them again

Celebrity did have some offers last summer of 3/4th sail free to Bermuda but in general I really haven't seen much.. maybe this is something new they are looking into...

The sailings on this offer are limited but they did include some Spring Break sailings which may work for families.

It was no problem to apply to an existing booking (before final payment) the only downside was we lost our onboard credit we got from Celebrity from doing an onboard booking (can't combine with more than one promo... and we weren't giving up our drink packages :eek::D) but still more than made up for it with not having to pay for DD (just tax and fees which to Bermuda are pretty high)

Hope some other people get to take advantage of this deal! and glad we could before both kids are older than 12..

Ah, I see, we would lose our $200 OBC from our onboard booking. We would still save $200 if we added my daughters baby onto booking. However, I noticed that our Sky Suite only holds 3 persons (I think.) We already have 3, and baby would make 4. Unless they would be willing to let us have the promo (it's after final) and put the baby in a Pac n Play, we would not be able to take advantage.

Does anyone know if when clicking on Caribbean sailings, is this deal only good for the cruise that shows up first, or is it for all of the sailings shown on that page. Our cruise is showing and the only one that starts at $299.

Edited by Iamthesea

I managed to get this applied to one of our bookings for my sister in law, her final payment is not due until May. Her cabin also had a price drop, so she went from owing an additional $1200 at final payment to being paid in full! Not bad for a 30 min wait on the phone. Unfortunately, our cabin price went up, and our teens in the connecting room don't count! It's worth a call for those who have under 12 year olds in the same room.

So happy this worked for your SIL. It is nice to see this thread helped somebody. $1200 savings is nothing to sneeze at.

What it tells me is that Celebrity is looking for a younger clientele as those with kids under 12 are not in their mid '50s or 60's.

So happy this worked for your SIL. It is nice to see this thread helped somebody. $1200 savings is nothing to sneeze at.

What it tells me is that Celebrity is looking for a younger clientele as those with kids under 12 are not in their mid '50s or 60's.

And it gives those who are a nice roadmap of cruises to avoid. ;)

I actually learned about the discount checking out celebrity's website not through this thread. I continuously check for price drops, promos and anything else that could make a difference to our cruise. I like being in control with our reservations so usually book directly and not through a TA. I don't mind hanging out on Hold waiting for someone to help me, this way I don't feel guilty making a TA do it for me! So far All my family has gotten specials or price drops (thanks to me checking) myself, we are paying FULL price and with little perks! But we got the room we want, so all good!

Please let me know when they run a Teenagers Sail Free in the Cabin Next Door promotion. :p

Actually it should be Adult Children Sail Free in the Cabin Next Door

and

Teenagers Sail in a Cabin at the opposite end of the ship on a different deck. ;)

Actually it should be Adult Children Sail Free in the Cabin Next Door

and

Teenagers Sail in a Cabin at the opposite end of the ship on a different deck. ;)

On our first Celebrity cruise, our TA booked my parents, DH and myself in very aft HC balcony staterooms (I believe that these are now CC HC.) Wonderful staterooms with lovely view of wake.

For my 3 children (newly 19, 16 and 12 year olds), the TA booked them in the best OV on the ship (Millie.) When we checked in, we found that the kids were on the very bow on a different deck. :eek:

Thankfully, we had pretty responsible teens (the 2 oldest being girls) and we also secretly asked their stateroom steward to call us if he saw or heard anything that we should know about. :D I am happy to say that all went well and they loved their extra large accommodations with a view to the front.

Knowing what I now know about the dangers of a ship and with todays society, I would have never allowed it. At the end of March, I am treating the girls (now 32 and 29) to a girls cruise where we will all be staying together in a SS. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

Here is the email said:(till 2/18)

4 days only—new low rates on Bermuda, Caribbean and Alaska vacations

For as low as $299*† per person for the first two guests with additional guests 12 or under in your stateroom sailing FREE*—you can enjoy a family vacation that will leave everyone completely relaxed and renewed.

Plus, combine it with our best offer ever

If you book ocean view or above, you can combine it with our 123go! Offer and choose one of three spectacular enhancements to your cruise—free beverage package, free gratuities, or onboard credit.

So for kid under 12 is free and other will also got discount to as low as $299!!

Check with your TA regarding the price change (with this promotion your cruise price may go up but still save in the end. I did save $$$ for 3 rooms that have kids for our family Alaska cruise in June.:D:D

Bob