Finding Maitred

TequilaToo

We had a special dietary request for our upcoming Oasis cruise. Guest services responded by e-mail and said the special item(s) would be provided, and to meet with our maitred once on board to make arrangements (well, the e-mail actually said to find him to make "arraignments", but I don't think they were referring to criminal proceedings) regarding the item. How would you go about that? Find the maitred at dinner the first night, or scout him up before that? Where?

I would not wait until the night. Most people with special requests go to their assigned dining room as soon as they board the ship. He will be right in the front at the podium. We always check out where our table is positioned. (this way we are not roaming around looking for our table number on the first night)

When you receive your Sea Pass card at checkin it will show your dining Room assignment :)

Correct. Forgot to tell you, now a days, there are MANY people with dietary restrictions and people that want their table changed.

Get there as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the longer the line will be. :eek:

Edited by susie8862
sssss

When and how will we be informed about our dining room assignment?

Your SeaPass card issued at check in will indicated the dining room and table number. Given your request I would go directly to the main dining room (Opus) where your table is (either deck 3 or 4 - My Time Dining is deck 5) and ask for the Matire de. He - or his assistant - will be there and can assist you directly. It may be helpful to have a copy of the request you made and the response you receive to confirm your conversation.

But I would go there as early as possible after boarding as many people will be there throughout the day discussing table assignments, etc., and they work on a first come, first served basis. I'm sure they will be able to assist you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Why do people give the same exact info already supplied?:confused:

Maybe to be helpful? If you are referring to me, I was typing my post while the last few were posted and was trying to assist with the specific question asked by the OP that at the time was not answered.

Given the frequent lack of complete - and often inaccurate - information provided in the different threads many posters are just trying to assist with the best information they can offer to a question.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Maybe to be helpful? If you are referring to me, I was typing my post while the last few were posted and was trying to assist with the specific question asked by the OP that at the time was not answered.

Given the frequent lack of complete - and often inaccurate - information provided in the different threads many posters are just trying to assist with the best information they can offer to a question.

Did not mean to offend you....but no misinformation was given and you typed your answer way after we did.

I was really just asking in general, as this happens so much. Again...did not mean to offend anyone. Have a great day.:)

Thanks to everyone for the great information! I never mind having more than one responder with duplicate replies - it tends to confirm that the information I'm getting is accurate. Even when the replies disagree, the differing opinions are often helpful.

Did not mean to offend you....but no misinformation was given and you typed your answer way after we did.

I was really just asking in general, as this happens so much. Again...did not mean to offend anyone. Have a great day.:)

who cares? I often read the original post and immediately hit reply and type away without reading any other responses. I dunno about you but when 5 or six people chime in with the same answer I feel a little more confident about accepting that answer as valid.

We had a special dietary request for our upcoming Oasis cruise. Guest services responded by e-mail and said the special item(s) would be provided, and to meet with our maitred once on board to make arrangements (well, the e-mail actually said to find him to make "arraignments", but I don't think they were referring to criminal proceedings) regarding the item. How would you go about that? Find the maitred at dinner the first night, or scout him up before that? Where?

You can also email the Special Needs Department at special_needs@rccl.com (there is an underscore "_" between special and needs) and describe exactly what your special dietary request is. Include your booking number, sailing date and cabin number.