NCL, not compassionate to loyal customers

F55

We seem to be seeing that out of NY and NJ area right now. I think because NCL has both the Gem and Breakaway they might be having trouble filling them both. Our friends were upgraded from a regular Spa Suite to the Haven after final payment on our Feb. Breakaway cruise. The Breakaway prices continue to be falling with the exception of the week the kids are off from school.

Both ships being in might have something to do with it. Ship size, Breakaway, can definitely be a factor. Breakaway is also asking more for its cabins since the ship is newer.

But I think it's more that it is off-peak. Kids are in school and such. Also, we all are aware that certain categories drop in price to free up other categories allowing prices changes to seem more attractive to people of all types of budgets.

I'd also like to add, as a ship fills up, cabin categories are always evaluated. if the higher category cabins tend to be higher in availability you may very well get that upgrade...or maybe a slight price drop. This way the bulk of the more affordable categories will attract a larger population of the market. And that leads to a possible discussion of: book the cabin you want? or book GTY and roll the dice?

Without question, ships need to be as full as possible before they leave port.

Edited by ZoneHPH

It's a business. If you want compassion try religion, charity, or social work.

Yea, Buck Up...this cruising is a tough game ......not for the weak!

Here's the best advise so far!

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER book your cruise early"....... Unless you want a highly, highly sought after cabin like an aft suite with wrap around balcony, you don't need to book in advance.

In this day of many, many mega ships, you can find a great deal last minute and a great cabin. Book as late as you possibly can wait! Always.

Have a great time!

Here's a tip from a loyal passenger....I'm Platnum on NCL but also on Royal and Carnival.....Here's a universal tip!!

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER book your cruise early for this exact reason! Unless you want a highly, highly sought after cabin like an aft suite with wrap around balcony, you don't need to book in advance. Even for Haven suites you don't need to book early. You will never get a good deal booking in advance.

In this day of many, many mega ships, you can find a great deal last minute and a great cabin. Book as late as you possibly can wait! Always.

Royal Caribbean has a 9 day from Hong Kong to Singapore sailing in early October. Last year the insides were selling for $700 and in January shot up to $1300, and now no tickets are available for a cruise that is almost 8 months away. ALWAYS did not work in this case.

Anyone see NCL's website lately? Prices have reduced drastically on Southern March cruises. Too bad they are not compassionate to their loyal customers. Perhaps booking with a travel agent is a better avenue than with them directly.

your first posting, you are not very clear about what your problem is and you expect responses? I am not sure what it is you are looking for?

Not slamming or being mean, but pointing out the obvious.

First post and lacking of common business sense or logic.

Trying to figure out where they think NCL is not being compassionate. What is the complaint? Should they not have a sale?

I am waiting for OP to come back and explain what they want or what the post is really about and how about an explanation regarding just how loyal they have been to NCL>