9:50 a.m. Flight out of New Orleans on Arrival Day

5 in OK

The ship shows 7:00 a.m. docking time in New Orleans. Would it be possible to make a 9:50 a.m. flight?

Yes, it is doable. Just do self debarkation and you will clear custom in no time. Did it twice. The first time it did take a bit more time because it was a TA. Last week returning from the Sunshine I breezed thru customs. Was in less than 15 minutes from my cabin to the taxi stand.

I wouldn't chance it. The airport is approximately 15 miles away and there is always road construction on the interstate. Add that to having possible delays in docking, clearing customs, etc and it is just not practical. Doable yes, advisable no! Have a great trip.

Anne:)

You already know the answer...if everything goes right, you'll make it. If not, you won't. Personally I'd sacrifice a little time, but, you may not have that luxury. Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

I agree.

some people don't have many options. I'd rather have stress level to leave early then have to sit around all day and night to leave. All depends on flight options.

Good luck OP although another hour on that time would make me feel a little better!!;)

I'm looking from the other side of the fence when it comes to either knowing the answer or not knowing the answer.

It could be that if this is their first cruise out of New Orleans they might not know how far the airport is from the cruise port or what traffic is like getting back and forth from both places, etc.

I am thinking of taking my first flight next year to Fort Lauderdale and I probably will have the same questions too. That is "if" I can get up enough nerve to take that first flight.

When we leave an airport following our cruise, we never book a flight earlier then 1 PM. Coming off our TA 3 yrs ago in FT Laud, we didn't get off until 11 AM, many missed flights. today I received an email saying they moved our Departure flight out of Vancouver to 12:42 instead of 1PM. It is a good 20 min drive to the airport, so not happy but will ask for an early departure.

We are New Orleans homeowners :rolleyes: (no longer residents). I would advise against the 9:50 flight, especially if you are arriving Mon-Friday. Unfortunately, our traffic is unpredictable. There are days when there are terrible traffic jams for no reason at all.

We are New Orleans homeowners :rolleyes: (no longer residents). I would advise against the 9:50 flight, especially if you are arriving Mon-Friday. Unfortunately, our traffic is unpredictable. There are days when there are terrible traffic jams for no reason at all.

I agree with this. On one of our disembarkations in New Orleans, there was a jewelry show at the convention center right next to the cruise terminal. It took us 20 minutes just to go a block in the taxi.

Tell you what we went on the 2/1 departure and while waiting in the airport we got messages and told that out boarding was pushed back 3 hours due to mechanical problems on the ship. Long story short the Serenade did not dock till 10 am. so stuff happens. Coming back we made our 12:15 flight with time to spare since we docked and disembarkation started on time. Anyway enjoy the cruise and do not sweat the small stuff. Once we pushed off the anxiety of not making it back in time vanished.

Piggy-backing here, is there a cab flat rate from pier to airport (MSY)? or it is a metered fare? Thanks.

Taxis - Flat fee of $35 for the first two persons, $12 per person for three or more, plus a $1 fuel surcharge per trip (not passenger).

And yes...there is always something going on in NOLA!!!:D traffic can be an issue.

Piggy-backing here, is there a cab flat rate from pier to airport (MSY)? or it is a metered fare? Thanks.

It was a flat rate for us. Last time I checked it was about $33 for one or two people, and $14 per person for 3 or more.

Don't do it, traffic is unpredictable and you never know if something is going to happen to delay the ships arrival to New Orleans. We had a perfect cruise on the Serenade a few weeks ago, until right before we went back into the mouth of the river, there was an unexpected issue that ended up delaying our arrival by 3-1/2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tell you what we went on the 2/1 departure and while waiting in the airport we got messages and told that out boarding was pushed back 3 hours due to mechanical problems on the ship. Long story short the Serenade did not dock till 10 am. so stuff happens. Coming back we made our 12:15 flight with time to spare since we docked and disembarkation started on time. Anyway enjoy the cruise and do not sweat the small stuff. Once we pushed off the anxiety of not making it back in time vanished.

We were on the cruise before you. There was an issue with one of the propulsion units right before we got to the mouth of the river. I told my husband something was up around 11pm the night before be cause we slowed down to 2.3 knots and made a turn directly to the East. Sure enough the next morning we had a note on the door and they made an announcement. Glad y'all had a good cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The ship shows 7:00 a.m. docking time in New Orleans. Would it be possible to make a 9:50 a.m. flight?

When we sailed on the 1/25 sailing, as previous posters stated we were delayed coming into port by 3 1/2 hours. We were issued disembark tag 1 with a 7:45 meeting time. We did not get off the ship till 11:30. Luckily we live just outside NOLA.

So the point I am trying to make is, depending on your tag # you may want to rethink an early flight. There is no guarantee you will get off the ship at the designated time stated.

Also, the traffic on I-10 gets backed up due to construction going on right now, so keep this in mind. It could take up to 35-40 minutes to get to the airport. It takes about 25-30 on a good traffic day.

When we sailed on the 1/25 sailing, as previous posters stated we were delayed coming into port by 3 1/2 hours. We were issued disembark tag 1 with a 7:45 meeting time. We did not get off the ship till 11:30. Luckily we live just outside NOLA.

So the point I am trying to make is, depending on your tag # you may want to rethink an early flight. There is no guarantee you will get off the ship at the designated time stated.

Also, the traffic on I-10 gets backed up due to construction going on right now, so keep this in mind. It could take up to 35-40 minutes to get to the airport. It takes about 25-30 on a good traffic day.

Thank you - we went ahead and booked the later flight - didn't want to have to stress about it on my wonderful cruise!