Lisbon to Rome - Port or Starboard?

VAWCB

Most of the veranda cabins on the port side of The Marina are already booked for the September 24 cruise. Is the travel route close enough to land to see anything while the ship is sailing, or is the benefit of port side only while docked? In my limited experience, many ports are not real attractive and, since this trip is port intensive, so I wonder how much time will actually be spent "sightseeing" from the veranda and how valuable the port side really is? Any insights or experiences will be appreciated.

Most of the veranda cabins on the port side of The Marina are already booked for the September 24 cruise. Is the travel route close enough to land to see anything while the ship is sailing, or is the benefit of port side only while docked? In my limited experience, many ports are not real attractive and, since this trip is port intensive, so I wonder how much time will actually be spent "sightseeing" from the veranda and how valuable the port side really is? Any insights or experiences will be appreciated.

Port side is of little value in our opinion. Firstly the ship may not even dock on the port side and secondly there are many ports which are neither interesting nor beautiful to look at. Enjoy your balcony on the starboard side.

Most times you will not see anything when off the coast sailing

This is very true...you will no see any land or very rarely maybe near Gibraltar you will see more ships following you. Thus an Inside is as good as a suite balcony.... the view is exactly the same both sides....zero

So, spend less, see more and take more cruises.