First time platinum

davnjnet

Is there priority embarkation for platinum members at port everglades?

Congrats! When you get there find a Princess employee and show them the priority boarding pass. They'll help you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for clarifying that pia! could u tell me how it works?

Find the priority check in line for platinum and once you got your badge head to the entry spot and show your platinum name tag. They will direct you to the priority boarding area to wait until boarding starts. At pier 2 they will direct you upstairs to sit and wait.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for clarifying that pia! could u tell me how it works?

If you arrive very early there will be a line outside the door. Go to the front, show your priority boarding pass and they will let you in. You will be seated in a special waiting area for all the priority passengers.

On February 1st there was no differentiation as all suites, elites and platinums were seated together in order of arrival and boarded in that order as well.

Mike:)

The new lounge at pier 2 is only for suites and elites. Were you there or at 21 or 4?

I am first time platinum as well. How do you get a priority boarding pass?

You get a priority pass simply by being Platinum. As long as your CC status shows Platinum on your booking, when you print the boarding pass, it will be for priority boarding.

Sometimes if you have a cruise already booked when you achieve a new status, the existing cruise booking is not updated. You'll have to call the Captain's Circle to get that corrected.

On February 1st there was no differentiation as all suites, elites and platinums were seated together in order of arrival and boarded in that order as well.

Mike:)

Mike, that is what we have found in our last 3 cruises. We have been suite passengers on them and Platinum on the last one. So we just cruise right on through the lines and enjoy the priority treatment. :D (called Mike also).:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
My wife and I are first time Platinum for Alaska in September. We are traveling with other family members who are not Platinum. Can we board together?

The last cruise we took they allowed the people that we were traveling with to board with us. They weren't platinum and we were.

My wife and I are first time Platinum for Alaska in September. We are traveling with other family members who are not Platinum. Can we board together?

The answer is probably. In Alaska, the elite/platinum group doesn't tend to be as large as at some other embarkation ports, and boarding may be a bit more staggered. But that assumes you are boarding in Vancouver or Whittier. The answer could change depending upon the embarkation port, such as Seattle or SF.

We generally just pull along the entire party (my parents) and are not questioned, but would certainly defer to the Princess staffers at the port and head to "general" boarding if they chose to make an issue of it at all. Won't leave my mom and dad alone.....or our two kids if they are cruising with us.