Cirque Dream Dinner on Epic?

flseagal

Just wondering if the Cirque Dream dinner on Epic is worth the money. Also I have heard it is a set dinner. Does anyone know what that dinner consists of? I am going with picky eaters. We are all active retired people and do like shows.

Paula,

My Epic cruise is still 70 days away so I don't have a first hand experience about the Cirque Dream.

However, from what I gather in this forum, I believe the show is enjoyable.

The food, as always, is subjective. Some like it, some don't. Luckily we are on a ship! Just have some free food before or after the show, if necessary. :)

I will do that way, myself, and enjoy the show!

In reality, You're not paying for the meal, you're paying for the show. The meal is secondary, and is a set menu. Someone who sailed more recently can give you specifics, but ours included appetizers, a surf-and-turf (filet and shrimp) entree, and a dessert plate. Not truly a memorable meal, but we enjoyed it, and I had no complaints (this coming from someone who pretty much only eats in the specialty restaurants).

The show was very good. I don't usually enjoy shows, and especially Cirque type shows - I get fidgety after a while sitting still. I never checked my watch the whole show, which really says something! It was engrossing and very entertaining and I recommend it. The small theater enhances the experience, you feel more "in the show" than watching it. The price is very reasonable for the experience, in my opinion.

Robin

We were on the Epic last winter and thoroughly enjoyed the show and meal. It was well worth it. I am usually not one to enjoy circus acts, but this was very unique and very well done. The meal was surf and turf, a treat for someone who rarely has this, and it was one of the best meals we enjoyed on the ship. The desert was a sampler of 2 or 3 little desserts. I do not remember the appetizer. Line up early. The best seats are on the balcony looking down at the whole show.

Is there an option for someone who doesn't eat seafood?

I am highly allergic to seafood and the server was very concerned about cross contamination. Brought me two pieces of filet that were delicious!

Here is the menu unless it has changed recently. I also couldn't eat the appetizer because of the shellfish/seafood allergy.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2528/5803721770_2c4f407d2f_b.jpg

I'm allergic to seafood but I was just going to pass that part to my DH but he mentioned it to our server......who promptly brought MY dinner with TWO filets and NO shrimp! Good service! :)

I am highly allergic to seafood and the server was very concerned about cross contamination. Brought me two pieces of filet that were delicious!

Here is the menu unless it has changed recently. I also couldn't eat the appetizer because of the shellfish/seafood allergy.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2528/5803721770_2c4f407d2f_b.jpg

Thank you both very much!

I was on Epic in Med. cruise and paid for premium seating but was seated with a blocked view, not premium at all. The food was ok and so is the show but if you want to see it don't pay for premium or if you do be sure to get in line before the crowd.

I thought the show was great. One of the more entertaining Cirque shows I've seen, and I've seen almost all of the Vegas ones and a few traveling ones.

On the other hand, I felt the meal was totally forgettable. I compare it to a bad meal at a wedding reception. My advice is go. If you don't like the food you could always hit up a dining room or buffet after.