Carnival Customer Service

Scotch Mist

Hi everyone

I was hoping someone out there can help with this! I emailed a complaint to Carnival regarding our recent Splendor cruise. The response I received left me very frustrated! I sent a calmly worded reply back to the adviser that sent it but surprise surprise she has failed to reply!

Does anyone know who I can escalate this complaint to. I feel that Carnival have fobbed me off with the standard proforma letter and I don't feel my complaint was taken seriously!

Also, I would be interested in hearing how others that have had cause to complain got on?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Im assuming you don't want to share about your service - I don't know about I care? I would think corporate would be the way to go. Not knowing how serious your issues are, were they housekeeping related, food service, bar service, perks you were entitled to and didn't get? IDK.....wish I could help

My complaint was regarding the food service, problems with my future cruise booking (Carnival cancelled it after we got home for no reason!), the behaviour and abuse received by the numerous unsupervised children running wild all over the ship. That's just for starters!

Put it this way I'll never sail out of NY again and unfortunately I'm not alone in feeling this way!

My complaint was regarding the food service, problems with my future cruise booking (Carnival cancelled it after we got home for no reason!), the behaviour and abuse received by the numerous unsupervised children running wild all over the ship. That's just for starters!

Put it this way I'll never sail out of NY again and unfortunately I'm not alone in feeling this way!

that is a parenting issue, not a carnival issue.

Actually, it can be a carnival issue and a parenting issue. When I was on sunshine, kids were eating their burgers in the pool and mayo and lettuce was dropping in the pool. I was gagging,lol! I asked a crew member to get those kids out of there and the fellow did but really....should I have to ask? And if I didn't, I bet nothing would of been done. I agree thaw staff has to have some more discipline with people not just kids on the ship. And I also agree parents need to also. Hahn, I'd say both..lol!

On one occasion when the Hotel Manager was getting himself a coffee from the coffee bar and had cause to speak to them regarding their behaviour. This fell on deaf ears. I wasn't alone in complaining regarding their behaviour, numerous other guests did too but nothing was done. If a group of people are behaving badly and if their behaviour is having a detrimental effect on your vacation then surely measures must be implemented to put a stop to it! If you were at a hotel and guests were running amok would you not expect the hotel to step in and deal with them?

On one occasion when the Hotel Manager was getting himself a coffee from the coffee bar and had cause to speak to them regarding their behaviour. This fell on deaf ears. I wasn't alone in complaining regarding their behaviour, numerous other guests did too but nothing was done. If a group of people are behaving badly and if their behaviour is having a detrimental effect on your vacation then surely measures must be implemented to put a stop to it! If you were at a hotel and guests were running amok would you not expect the hotel to step in and deal with them?

It is a very fine line because everyone's definition of "behaving badly" is different. I am not sure what you want CCL to do but about the only thing they can take care of now is the future booking issue.

Maybe snail mail to corporate headquarters in Miami:

Please send any questions, comments or concerns to us at the following address. Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

If you wish to escalate it to corporate (if you received no response, you should escalate it somewhere,) you can also try these emails:

gcahill@carnival.com

Gerry Cahill, CEO

vrey@carnival.com

Vicky Rey, VP of Guest Services

If you want to go the social media route, you can tweet Vicky Rey at https://twitter.com/vicky_at_ccl or subscribe to John Heald (brand ambassador) on Facebook, who is currently not responding to comments.

Hi everyone

I was hoping someone out there can help with this! I emailed a complaint to Carnival regarding our recent Splendor cruise. The response I received left me very frustrated! I sent a calmly worded reply back to the adviser that sent it but surprise surprise she has failed to reply!

Does anyone know who I can escalate this complaint to. I feel that Carnival have fobbed me off with the standard proforma letter and I don't feel my complaint was taken seriously!

Also, I would be interested in hearing how others that have had cause to complain got on?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

gcahill@carnival.com I believe he is the CEO of Carnival Corp so hopefully that will get a response for you. Good luck

If you wish to escalate it to corporate (if you received no response, you should escalate it somewhere,) you can also try these emails:

gcahill@carnival.com

Gerry Cahill, CEO

vrey@carnival.com

Vicky Rey, VP of Guest Services

If you want to go the social media route, you can tweet Vicky Rey at https://twitter.com/vicky_at_ccl or subscribe to John Heald (brand ambassador) on Facebook, who is currently not responding to comments.

Well, Carnival Customer Care really sucks! Sent my complaint email to both email addresses and it's been ignored, not even an acknowledgement! Clearly Carnival are happy enough to take my money but don't want anything to do with me after I've spent my hard earned cash!

Customer loyalty is a one way street with Carnival!!!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...

I don't think Carnival is the cruise line for you if unruly children annoy you.

If you want better food, then you need to pay more money for Princess, Celebrity or RCCL.

If you think children are bad out of New York, you would really hate Port Canaveral.

You were given the the email addresses on Monday and today is only Thursday. Give them a little time. Maybe they are looking into the issues or maybe given the volume of emails they surely get they simply haven't checked been able to get to yours yet. I know there are times it takes me a few days to respond to all the emails I get at work

There's unruly and there's aggressive! How would you feel to be standing at a bar and for your S & S card to be ripped out of your hand and have a delinquent teenager demand a beer from you? Then imagine the torrent of abuse when you dare to say no! This happened on numerous occasions! I wasn't alone in feeling intimated by these "unruly children". Each time your wanted to walk along deck 5 you were running a gauntlet of abuse and foul language. The Hotel Manager even had to speak to them after witnessing first hand their behaviour. Even Guest Services confirmed that they had received numerous complaints from fellow passengers regarding their behaviour!

I have sailed out of Florida mainly and these cruises are full on children, but they were with their parents and weren't left to roam around the ship terrorising passengers!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...

I don't think Carnival is the cruise line for you if unruly children annoy you.

If you want better food, then you need to pay more money for Princess, Celebrity or RCCL.

If you think children are bad out of New York, you would really hate Port Canaveral.

I believe that all of the mainstream(cheaper) lines are going to have more children and more unruly adults. I have to admit I did see more bad behavior on my Carnival cruises than my RCI ones.

I would also suggest Celebrity if you look for a more relaxing cruise experience. The food and service are a good bit better than Carnival, RCI and NCL. We really enjoyed our cruise with Celebrity and hope to sail on them again. We are also going to try Princess next year for an Alaskan cruise.

Edited by Mysticks1

There's unruly and there's aggressive! How would you feel to be standing at a bar and for your S & S card to be ripped out of your hand and have a delinquent teenager demand a beer from you? Then imagine the torrent of abuse when you dare to say no! This happened on numerous occasions! I wasn't alone in feeling intimated by these "unruly children". Each time your wanted to walk along deck 5 you were running a gauntlet of abuse and foul language. The Hotel Manager even had to speak to them after witnessing first hand their behaviour. Even Guest Services confirmed that they had received numerous complaints from fellow passengers regarding their behaviour!

I have sailed out of Florida mainly and these cruises are full on children, but they were with their parents and weren't left to roam around the ship terrorising passengers!

Your card was taken out of your hand? What did the server or bartender say or do? Why didn't you immediately call for security?

You stated the Hotel Director spoke to them, what is it you wanted him to do?

I noticed in your profile you usually sail in September when kids are in school, but this cruise you sailed in January still close to holidays. Again, if you want to avoid sailing with lots of children do not cruise close to holidays, winter break, spring break or in the summer. Otherwise you need to try another cruise line.

Your card was taken out of your hand? What did the server or bartender say or do? Why didn't you immediately call for security?

You stated the Hotel Director spoke to them, what is it you wanted him to do?

I noticed in your profile you usually sail in September when kids are in school, but this cruise you sailed in January still close to holidays. Again, if you want to avoid sailing with lots of children do not cruise close to holidays, winter break, spring break or in the summer. Otherwise you need to try another cruise line.

The bar staff were apologetic but powerless to act as they too were subjected to the same rude behaviour. They said that they had reported this ongoing problem to their Bar Manager and he was aware.

As for the Hotel Manager speaking to them, he did it off his own back - I didn't ask him to! Security spoke to them on several occasions but without any change to their behaviour

And, I have no issue with children! It's the small percentage of badly behaved ones that I have issue with!

You clearly have looked at my past cruises and yes I do cruise outwith school holidays but that is out with my control - my vacation time is dictated by my work commitments.

The bar staff were apologetic but powerless to act as they too were subjected to the same rude behaviour. They said that they had reported this ongoing problem to their Bar Manager and he was aware.

As for the Hotel Manager speaking to them, he did it off his own back - I didn't ask him to! Security spoke to them on several occasions but without any change to their behaviour

And, I have no issue with children! It's the small percentage of badly behaved ones that I have issue with!

You clearly have looked at my past cruises and yes I do cruise outwith school holidays but that is out with my control - my vacation time is dictated by my work commitments.

You should have demanded security immediately when the bartender failed to. Personally, I would have body-slammed the little criminals to the deck and held them until security came, but then the delinquent's parents would have shown up and a brawl would have ensued.

The only problem is I don't think I would have stopped there! I'm no shrinking violet and have a "good Scottish tongue in ma heid" as we say here so I left them in no uncertain terms exactly how I felt!!!!

I think security were overwhelmed on this cruise due to the amount of complaints they had to deal with!

Carnival should have banned the from sailing with the again, that would show them and their parents how serious their behaviour is.

May I suggest you call carnival and speak to them?I have done this in the past with various companies.

Failing that you could threaten going to the press....Carnival luuuuurve the media.

Edited by Velvetwater

The only problem is that I don't think Carnival cares what happens onboard.......just as long as you keep on spending!

In an ideal world bad behaviour would be dealt with accordingly but there's no way Carnival would ban anyone - they would be loosing revenue and that is the only thing that Carnival truly cares about.

I've called Carnival UK and they have told me to contact Carnival US! I'm going round in circles!