Tender at Loreto

jamesnnb

On an upcoming cruise on the Sapphire Princess -- the itinerary calls for a tender at the Loreto port. Does anyone know where the tender takes you? Does it go right into town or do you still have another bit of travel to get to town?

The tender pier is about a five minute walk to the center of town. At the end of the pier turn left and walk along the Malecon, then cross the street and walk up to the torn square. You'll be able to see the church steeple, which is located at the town square. Enjoy. Nice little town. DK

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are just back from a cruise to these ports. La Paz is definitely NOT walking distance. It was about a 20-30 minute bus ride to the town. We were on a different cruise line, but the information for it says that the complimentary shuttle service was provided by the port. I hope that is true for you on Princess, but if not you will probably have to take a taxi.

Wow, that's excellent, Mr. DK. We've never been so I'm sure we shall enjoy. Have you also been to La Paz? If so, how far to town fro where you dock? Walk-able?

In La Paz you will dock at Pichilingue which is about a 15 minute bus ride. A shuttle will be provided to take you to the center of town. Another nice port call. DK

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please don't try to walk to town because it is only a road with hardly any walking space or places to stop at. It is safer to just take the shuttle into town. Please stay in the tourist area because there is nothing to see where the people live. They don't like the looky loos.

• 2 months later...
Please don't try to walk to town because it is only a road with hardly any walking space or places to stop at. It is safer to just take the shuttle into town. Please stay in the tourist area because there is nothing to see where the people live. They don't like the looky loos.

Don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but there is a nice wide fully paved sidewalk along the seashore, from the tender pier to town. Very easy walk, and it's been that way for at least 5 or 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't know how long it's been since you've been there, but there is a nice wide fully paved sidewalk along the seashore, from the tender pier to town. Very easy walk, and it's been that way for at least 5 or 6 years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think you may be confusing LaPaz with Loreto.

Loreto is a few blocks and easily walkable to the center of town.

La Paz is a few miles and not advisable to try to walk.

When you come into the harbor near the pier, you should see lots of pelicans on the boats there. If you take a taxi around town, you'll see many two-story garages for parking boats so they don't get fouled by the pelicans.

• 1 month later...