Amtrak to Baltimore - Which station closer to cruise terminal?

LuvBNatC

I'm thinking of sailing on Grandeur OTS to Bermuda in May, and taking Amtrak from Richmond to Baltimore. For the price, it seems way less hassle than driving up I-95.

I'm a newbie to Baltimore, so I have no idea where the ship docks. Can anyone tell me which Amtrak station would be closer? BWI or Penn Station?

(Sorry if this has been asked before. I couldn't get the search function to work.)

Thanks! :)

Thanks, grumpyjr88. Penn Station it is.

Unfortunately, I let a courtesy hold on a cabin lapse yesterday. I still want to go to Bermuda in May, but I just couldn't book an inside on Deck 2 for the price they want right now. I'm going to try my luck waiting until the 60-day final payment window closes and see if I can do better.

I don't mind a bottom-grade cabin in the bowels of the ship if I can get a rock-bottom price on it. :D

Since Amtrak makes it so easy to get to Baltimore, I can try!

Karen

Thanks, grumpyjr88. Penn Station it is.

Unfortunately, I let a courtesy hold on a cabin lapse yesterday. I still want to go to Bermuda in May, but I just couldn't book an inside on Deck 2 for the price they want right now. I'm going to try my luck waiting until the 60-day final payment window closes and see if I can do better.

I don't mind a bottom-grade cabin in the bowels of the ship if I can get a rock-bottom price on it. :D

Since Amtrak makes it so easy to get to Baltimore, I can try!

Karen

Oh bum!

Yeah, I love Amtrak. I live near Union Station in DC and it's only $24 round trip for me to get to Penn Station. :)

There is a cab line out front and should be no problem. There's not much to do in Penn Station, unfortunately. The architecture is beautiful but the place needs a sprucing up. I would bring some books and games for the kids. :)

What time are ya'll catching the train? We are probably taking either the 9:25 or the 10:20 out of Union Station in DC. I know we'll be there stupid early...