Just off the Valor

cbell21219

Any word on which specific cabin(s) were affected by the fire?

They mentioned it at the time but I didn't take much notice we were sat near the ice cream machine on the back right hand side, someone mentioned at the time that the fire was directly below us on floor 8 so look at the deck plans and you should get some idea.

how was the weather through out?

PERFECT!!!!! I was on weather.com the entire month leading up to the cruise and it was all saying chance of rain blah blah blah!!!! We had blue skies and weather in the 80's everyday. The only rain we ran into was on St. Kitts, but that was in a taxi on the way back to the pier which lasted only I would say one minute and it was gone.

Edited by cbell21219

I wonder if it would be possible to get a taxi to go see Timothy Hill and then be back to the ship for 1:00, as we booked the snorkel / catamaran tour. Do you think we would have enough time for that? I know you said you paid $80 for the cab for the day, any idea how much it would be just for that drive?

Thanks,

Jen

I wonder if it would be possible to get a taxi to go see Timothy Hill and then be back to the ship for 1:00, as we booked the snorkel / catamaran tour. Do you think we would have enough time for that? I know you said you paid $80 for the cab for the day, any idea how much it would be just for that drive?

Thanks,

Jen

One hour is plenty of time to go to Timothy and back to the ship. No worries at all. It is about a ten minute drive from the port to the overlook and you will not spend more then fifteen minutes there. We took some pictures with the locals monkeys and donkey for fun then headed on our way. One hour is well within reason. As far as Taxi cost, It's 8 bucks each way per person. So your looking at around $32.00 round trip. You could prolly bargain with the drive to do $30.00 roundtrip.

Edited by cbell21219

What did you do in St Kitts? We are in the Valor in 2 weeks and still don't have a plan for this stop.

Can't wait for your review!

When I was there we did a full island tour, included Romney Manor and the Fortress, and then went to a Snuba place. If you want contact info feel free to inbox me. Their prices were very reasonable.

When I was there we did a full island tour, included Romney Manor and the Fortress, and then went to a Snuba place. If you want contact info feel free to inbox me. Their prices were very reasonable.

Did you like Romney? Everyone we talked with said unless your into looking at plants or really into history it was a complete waste of time.

One hour is plenty of time to go to Timothy and back to the ship. No worries at all. It is about a ten minute drive from the port to the overlook and you will not spend more then fifteen minutes there. We took some pictures with the locals monkeys and donkey for fun then headed on our way. One hour is well within reason. As far as Taxi cost, It's 8 bucks each way per person. So your looking at around $32.00 round trip. You could prolly bargain with the drive to do $30.00 roundtrip.

Awesome thanks! There might be 5 of us ... but not quite sure. I am travelling with a big group. I cannot wait!! Hope to see some more pics from you soon :)!

Jen

I went to Carambola Beach Club during our stay (Feb 2 cruise), and I LOVED it. The lounge chair was 10 feet from the water. The service was great, too, and so are the facilities. They don't allow the monkey men and other locals to hassle you while you're there. The manager was on her day off and happened to be in the chair next to me, and she called security every time she saw a hawker to have them removed from Carambola's portion of the beach. I reserved a lounge chair and umbrella through their Facebook page, and I'm glad I did. They did not have any extras available that afternoon. It was only $20 bucks, too.

Glad you had a good time & thanks for the pictures and answers we board in 32 days

Was wondering if you used the duty free store at San Juan pier if so where you able to get alcohol onto ship can you explain how the boarding process works after check in

At the pan am pier the last time we where in San Juan

after check in went through bag scanners then we went to duty free put booze in carryon and boarded ship this was with Princess it was so easy so was wondering if the same on Carnival thank you

Glad you had a good time & thanks for the pictures and answers we board in 32 days

Was wondering if you used the duty free store at San Juan pier if so where you able to get alcohol onto ship can you explain how the boarding process works after check in

At the pan am pier the last time we where in San Juan

after check in went through bag scanners then we went to duty free put booze in carryon and boarded ship this was with Princess it was so easy so was wondering if the same on Carnival thank you

Don't know about sneaking alcohol on board. We did the wine bottle trick in Jacksonville but I didn't bother bringing my own stuff on board this time as it would have been to much of a hassle for me to bother with it seeing as how we were off the boat most of the time. There is a liquor store right before you walk threw security and they were not paying much attention to the screens. I told them about a dive knife I had in my carry on and they still didn't see it on the screen. They asked me if I would get it out so they could check it into the ship.

As far as boarding. Once you check in you can get on and off the boat however many times you want. You just have to go back through security each time. We turned our checked baggage over to them before we checked in and walked the port for a few more hours before we even went through the check in process.

Edited by cbell21219

We are on the valor on April 20. 8th time out of san juan. love going out of san juan. Been on 5 different ships form there....Fascination (2), jublilee, destiny (2), victory(2), and now the valor.

Have a question. Is the whirlpools still in the spa/gym on this ship?

Did you like Romney?

Everyone we talked with said unless your into looking at plants

or really into history it was a complete waste of time.

No it's not a complete waste of time.

Romney Manor is pleasant enough...nice grounds... but also had a fabulous BATIK factory there

that makes nice things the ladies might like!

On our way to Brimstone Hill Fortress we stopped there for maybe 15 mins.

It's one more thing to see on an island that probably doesn't have a whole lot to see/do

Edited by Aplmac

Just curious what nights were the formal nights and which one did lobster? Trying to plan what night we want to do the steakhouse. Thanks!

Formal night is the first sea day (Tuesday) and the night of St. Lucia Port of call. Lobster was on the first formal night.

No it's not a complete waste of time.

Romney Manor is pleasant enough...nice grounds... but also had a fabulous BATIK factory there

that makes nice things the ladies might like!

On our way to Brimstone Hill Fortress we stopped there for maybe 15 mins.

It's one more thing to see on an island that probably doesn't have a whole lot to see/do

Sounds like I didn't miss anything then, if we ever go back we will head straight for the Marriott.

We are on the valor on April 20. 8th time out of san juan. love going out of san juan. Been on 5 different ships form there....Fascination (2), jublilee, destiny (2), victory(2), and now the valor.

Have a question. Is the whirlpools still in the spa/gym on this ship?

I cannot answer as we never went into the Spa or Gym area.

Sorry... not to hi jack but could you give the info... I don't know how to do a private message. OP thanks for posting this thread. I just love reviews of this itinerary.

I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of your review! We will be on the Valor in May. What time were you able to board on Sunday? Also for everyone looking for something to do in St. Kitts...we booked with Thenford Grey. Our group wasn't particularly interested in seeing the historical sights so he is picking us up at the ship, doing a condensed tour of the Capital, taking us to Timothy Hill to see where Atlantic meets Caribbean, and guarantees we will see monkeys in the wild. He said the tour part is only 1.5 hours long. We are then going to Cockleshell Beach for the rest of the day and the driver will stay with us until we are ready to leave. All of this for $25pp! Seems like an awesome deal to me!