Just booked an Aft Cabin!

Mist_ynight

I just booked an aft cabin for the first time. I'm on the Crown Princess next February in C752. I'm so excited to have an aft cabin cause I love watching the wake. I'm looking forward to spending come quality time with my hubby. We haven't been on vacation together since our last cruise in February 2011. It's going to be a long wait but that should make it even better when it gets here!

Edited by Mist_ynight
had the wrong year

I just booked an aft cabin for the first time. I'm on the Crown Princess next February in C752. I'm so excited to have an aft cabin cause I love watching the wake. I'm looking forward to spending come quality time with my hubby. We haven't been on vacation together since our last cruise in February 2011. It's going to be a long wait but that should make it even better when it gets here!

Good for you!Once you cruise an aft balcony or suite you'll never go back.Remember when booking to ask the sqft. of the remaing aft accomodations.They are all different (balcony size) and cost the same!

Have a great time!Well since your on the end which is great and there are only 2 on Caribe,my size strategy wouldn't be applicable.

We were in C752 on the Crown last January. It was a wonderful cabin! The first night took a little getting used to the movement/vibration, which is to be expected in an aft area. But after the first night we were used to it and slept fine. It was SUPER quiet back there since you basically have the hallway to yourself and one other cabin. We spent a lot of time on the balcony watching the wake, eating meals, and star gazing in the evening. One day it rained a little, but we were still able to sit on the balcony as it is totally covered.

We loved that cabin so much we were going to book it for our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Golden. But we ended up getting an Emerald mini suite for less money so decided to give it a try. I hope we don't miss a true aft too much:)

You will love the cabin and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Aft cabins are our home away from home. We always choose an aft PS.

You will love it unless;

- you are sensitive to motion of the ship...aft locations tend to magnify ship movement

- you don't mind thruster noise/shaking early when at port

- you don't mind the increased noise from the wake

- you do not mind the longer walks to get to mid ships

- if you are next to the dreaded vent you don't mind the noise and occasional smells from it

My DH gets a little sea sick so hopefully it doesn't bother him. We're not next to a vent. I don't mind the noise, I'm actually looking forward to it since we usually sleep with a fan on anyway. I don't mind the walk, I've never gained weight on a cruise cause I love walking the ship :)

Fantastic. As mentioned we love the back of the ship and never, ever cruise anywhere else, except for our upcoming Coral Princess cruise...no aft cabins on that ship.

Funny about the fan...we never travel without one as well!

Once we sailed in an aft cabin, we rarely book anything else. We love the wake also. Its usually very quiet, almost no hallway noise. Just wonderful. Another big perk is I usually lose between three and five pounds just from the walking needed to get to the middle of the ship, no lie!! You cant beat that!! Enjoy your cruise!! Vickie

We are in in C749 on the Golden sailing 5/2/15...... So far away but looking forward to it. Our first aft room but heard great things. Have fun!!!!

I actually just switched to C753 cause I saw a picture of it and the bed is facing the way I prefer. I like it when my side of the bed is closest to the door. It's basically the same cabin. I don't mind the walk. Last time we we're on the crown we were on deck 14 about 4 cabins from the very front of the ship so it was a long walk to the back if the ship. Now it's just reversed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

C-752 is a great cabin.

We have aft cabin C752 on Ruby Princess for Norway Cruise June 16, 2014.

We are Elite with Princess, but sailed with RCCL Jewel of the Seas in an aft cabin with a HUGE balcony to the Baltic & I was sold.

Planed a Med cruise with RCCL Brilliance of the Seas when we could get the same aft cabin...just wonderful!!:D

Jeanne

We just came off the Ruby and had C752. Fantastic cabin. Deep balcony. Loved the sounds of the wake. Very quiet hallway and barely no cited the engine noise. I did have to take all the hangers off the pole as the unused ones were clanking at night. LOL

We just came off the Ruby and had C752. Fantastic cabin. Deep balcony. Loved the sounds of the wake. Very quiet hallway and barely no cited the engine noise. I did have to take all the hangers off the pole as the unused ones were clanking at night. LOL

Had C752 for the Ruby inagural, it is an excellent cabin. :)

And several times since.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

We have always wanted to try an aft balcony. We were recently upgraded to a mini suite on our Pacific Coastal cruise. There is one aft balcony left E730 on Grand. Would you try and move over to that last aft balcony? Or stay with the mini suite on Dolphin deck?