Breakaway Haven change bed from king to singles

jayjay1010

We're on the Breakaway in mid March. Staying in the Haven on deck 15 - category S5. Cabin description says it has a king size bed. Has anyone requested bed switched to two singles? This would be same as the way "queen" bed can be separated. King bed is probably one mattress, so they may have to remove it and bring in two singles.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We're on the Breakaway in mid March. Staying in the Haven on deck 15 - category S5. Cabin description says it has a king size bed. Has anyone requested bed switched to two singles? This would be same as the way "queen" bed can be separated. King bed is probably one mattress, so they may have to remove it and bring in two singles.

Not sure but as an FYI if you hadn't seen, 6 out of the 7 S5 on deck 15 sleep 3 so there is another bed (pull out).

I strongly doubt they'd do that. Plan accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI for anyone else that is thinking about requesting this. I spoke with someone at the Concierge desk last week and asked for two beds. She said they would take care of it. Saying and doing are two different things, so fingers are crossed...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just an FYI for anyone else that is thinking about requesting this. I spoke with someone at the Concierge desk last week and asked for two beds. She said they would take care of it. Saying and doing are two different things, so fingers are crossed...

I just hope they don't assume you are asking for two beds which technically would be the pull-out (sofa bed) and the king. Maybe you should amend that request to three beds, the king replaced with two singles and the sofa bed. Just don't want you to get there and it be a problem.

I just hope they don't assume you are asking for two beds which technically would be the pull-out (sofa bed) and the king. Maybe you should amend that request to three beds, the king replaced with two singles and the sofa bed. Just don't want you to get there and it be a problem.

They can't replace the king with two singles. And I wouldn't believe anything the pre-cruise concierge said. Chances are they have no idea of which staterooms have beds that can be converted and which don't...and if they are going to do anything, it will be to use the sofa bed.

Good idea. I'll call back to confirm the request is two singles instead of the king size. Im rooming with my 20 year old daughter and she's still a wild sleeper! We definitely need two beds lol

They can't replace the king with two singles. And I wouldn't believe anything the pre-cruise concierge said. Chances are they have no idea of which staterooms have beds that can be converted and which don't...and if they are going to do anything, it will be to use the sofa bed.

That's what I initially assumed. One mattress, one frame, no way it could be converted. I was really surprised when I was told that I'd get two beds. When I call back I'll ask specifically about the whole conversion thing. If he/she sounds unsure or I get a funky feeling about the response then I'll just scrap the whole idea. Two weeks until we leave and the last thing I need is to worry about what my sleeping situation will be!

Edited by Cruzncutie

That's what I initially assumed. One mattress, one frame, no way it could be converted. I was really surprised when I was told that I'd get two beds. When I call back I'll ask specifically about the whole conversion thing. If he/she sounds unsure or I get a funky feeling about the response then I'll just scrap the whole idea. Two weeks until we leave and the last thing I need is to worry about what my sleeping situation will be!

Based on the historical track record of the pre-concierges I would plan on the expected outcome one king and a sofa bed. I don't think any of them have even been on a ship and it seems like 50% of the simple requests go unfulfilled but quickly addressed onboard. You are not the first to wish for a true queen or king be replaced with twins and nobody has reported success.

We had the same situation on the Breakaway in a S7. King bed did not split.

My daughter slept on the pull out coach. She said it was very comfortable.

I am sure you and your daughter won't have a problem.

We had the same situation on the Breakaway in a S7. King bed did not split.

My daughter slept on the pull out coach. She said it was very comfortable.

I am sure you and your daughter won't have a problem.

We are in an S9 which only sleeps two and our couch is not a pull out. I'm calling NCL tomorrow and will ask to just leave the room as is. From some of these responses I get the feeling that's what'll happen anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in an S9 which only sleeps two and our couch is not a pull out. I'm calling NCL tomorrow and will ask to just leave the room as is. From some of these responses I get the feeling that's what'll happen anyway.

I wouldn't give up. By keeping your request open, either no change will be made to the bed, or they put the king in storage and pull out a couple of twins from storage.

Single frame / single mattress in the S9.

This is correct. When my friend and I sailed an S9, the room steward was apologetic that there was nothing he could do, but we assured him that it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't give up. By keeping your request open, either no change will be made to the bed, or they put the king in storage and pull out a couple of twins from storage.

Thanks for the encouragement. Worse case scenario we end up with one bed, which wasn't a huge issue to begin with. My Mother and Sister are in an S5 and she put the bug in my ear about asking for two beds. I've decided to blame her for complicating things ;-)