All Incllusive Drink Packages Offered With Princess

megwalsh

Hey Everyone,

New to Cruise Critic, and a fairly new Cruiser.

A quick question, friends of ours cruise with RC and have been talking about a beverage package that was inclusive of alcohol as well. I think they pay around $35 dollars a day, but worth it when you incorporate the costs of coffee, pop,beer and cocktails for the duration of your trip. We are young newlyweds, with no kids, and our bar tab last cruise was a little steep:o

We are doing a partial panama canal transit the end of march and would love to know if this is something princess has been offering?

I have heard from friends that with RC it wasn't advertised to them before hand. :D

Princess was trialing one on a couple of ships but it would now appear to have gone fleet wide or close there to by reading the Princess forum. Initially all over 21 in the stateroom had to buy it but there are now posts floating around saying different and that only one could buy it and no one else was forced to. The price is close to $50/day/person plus a 15% gratuity. It must be bought after you board and has been available for sale on the first two days of the cruise only. It must be bought for the duration of the cruise.

Here is a link to a few different packages and an update on ships currently offering the beverage package

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

Princess Cruises Trials All-Inclusive Beverage Packagedrinkvariety-ns.jpg-- Princess Cruises has become the latest cruise line to jump on the all-inclusive beverage package bandwagon, trialing a new program onboard Star Princess and Sapphire Princess.

The package, which previously was only available to groups of 30 passengers or more, costs $49 per day, plus a 15 percent gratuity per person and includes all cocktails, spirits, beer and glasses of wine less than $10. Also, all nonalcoholic drinks served in cans or bottles, as well as mocktails and shakes or included, as are all coffee, tea, espresso and specialty drinks and any food items such as crepes and gelato included with the coffee card. Each purchaser of the package also receives a 40 discount on all bottled wine less than $100.

Princess cruisers may purchase the package on seven-night or longer cruises on board Star Princess or Sapphire Princess. All passengers traveling in the same stateroom must purchase the package, and any children over 6 years old traveling with adults who purchase the package must also purchase the $8.05 per person/per day Unlimited Soda & More package.

If deemed successful, the program will be rolled out to the rest of the Princess fleet by spring 2014. Princess is one of the last cruise lines to adopt an all-inclusive beverage package program.

It seems that it has been trailed on 2 ships but maybe available on all ships shortly.

We are cruising in 2 weeks and looked at this and I don't think it's worth it for us. On the average, you'll need to consume 8 drinks a day to pretty much break even. That's 8 per day EVERYDAY. It would be an additional $1600 for us on our folio and looking at our past folio's we don't come close to spending $1600 on 'extra' beverages. However, my wife does the soda card for club soda and I do the coffee card for the better 'brewed' coffee and coffee drinks.

I doubt you'll find 'screech' on the menu though :)

Hey Everyone,

New to Cruise Critic, and a fairly new Cruiser.

A quick question, friends of ours cruise with RC and have been talking about a beverage package that was inclusive of alcohol as well. I think they pay around $35 dollars a day, but worth it when you incorporate the costs of coffee, pop,beer and cocktails for the duration of your trip. We are young newlyweds, with no kids, and our bar tab last cruise was a little steep:o

We are doing a partial panama canal transit the end of march and would love to know if this is something princess has been offering?

I have heard from friends that with RC it wasn't advertised to them before hand. :D

Lol. Thanks Everyone! We are in our Late 20's, no Children and from Newfoundland. I don't even want to say what the balance on our folio charges last cruise was! haha

We are sailing Coral Princess next month and it doesn't seem to be offered for our ship just yet, fingers crossed it will be :)

Rc51.. Think they would make an exception if I were to Bring my own Screech! lol

From what I've heard, this package was rolled out on the Star, Sapphire, Crown, Emerald and Royal...

RC51, according to my calculations, 5 drinks a day would be closer to the Mark. So, 2 drinks a day plus a couple glasses of wine at dinner plus all the water, coffee, sodas etc. makes it a very good deal. I'm planning on getting it for my October cruise.

For us it would be ideal as well Working 2 Cruise! It be nice to just pay it and not have think about it again. We didn't bother with even checking our tab last time, for various reasons, but often made a game out of guessing the balance we were going to face! lol

I would love to get on the Ship, pay for my Drinks, pay My excursions and just kick back and not think of it anymore.

I have tried the alcohol packages on Norwegian and Celebrity, and found that more than anything, it was just one less thing to think about. I didn't have to keep thinking about my account statement every time I ordered another drink, since I had already spent the amount for the entire cruise. It was quite liberating, really.

On Princess, I have done the soda package, and the Ultimate Kids Package (not just for kids....includes non-alcohol beverages, coffees, sodas, juices, etc.) and found both to be pretty great. However, I think if I were on a cruise that offered the alcohol package, I would seriously consider it for the convenience factor......certainly for a 7 day cruise, in any case. Not sure if I would want to do it for a longer cruise or not.

The All-Inclusive Drink Package was rolled out on Crown Princess on 1/25/14 which was the 2nd week of our B2B.

We were told it was no longer a test and would be going fleet wide soon.

They put a sticker on your cruise card. It was good deal for us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

For us it would be ideal as well Working 2 Cruise! It be nice to just pay it and not have think about it again. We didn't bother with even checking our tab last time, for various reasons, but often made a game out of guessing the balance we were going to face! lol

I would love to get on the Ship, pay for my Drinks, pay My excursions and just kick back and not think of it anymore.

That's exactly it! My husband likes to be able to have a couple of drinks at one time... And those really add up quickly! The fact that we wouldn't have to worry about our bar bill would be great!

Also, it would not take much for the package to pay for itself without having to drink to excess!

The All-Inclusive Drink Package was rolled out on Crown Princess on 1/25/14 which was the 2nd week of our B2B.

We were told it was no longer a test and would be going fleet wide soon.

They put a sticker on your cruise card. It was good deal for us. :)

LuLu

~~~~

This is great news! What was the cost?

My TA called yesterday and was told it wasn't available on the Royal yet, despite what we are hearing on CC boards. So, the 1-800 folks haven't been privy to the info yet I guess. I am crossing our fingers it will be available on the Royal in 12 days when we sail. Definitely one less thing to worry about. Will be worth it for us between soda, cocktails, bottled water etc.

I called the 1-800 Last night to inquire and was told 2 different answers from 2 different reps. One said it was only offered on the sapphire & The star, The other said the royal and was only offered to groups of 30. So its safe to say The customer service folks haven't been brought up to date. I guess We will Find out When we Board! Here's Hoping :)

From what I've heard, this package was rolled out on the Star, Sapphire, Crown, Emerald and Royal...

RC51, according to my calculations, 5 drinks a day would be closer to the Mark. So, 2 drinks a day plus a couple glasses of wine at dinner plus all the water, coffee, sodas etc. makes it a very good deal. I'm planning on getting it for my October cruise.

5 drinks/day would make it more attractive, especially when it includes water.

Does this package include what you get with the Coffee Card?