Fort Lauderdale to Miami

Lee WM

We are arriving in Ft lauderdale late on a Friday night and catch the Carnival Breeze on Saturday in Miami. Anyone know the easiest way to do that?

thanks!

We have done that route 2x. We stayed at Embassy Suites FLL and then took SAS shuttle to POM the next morning. Post cruise we stayed at Embassy Suites for another night...SAS picked us up at the POM and took us to the hotel. We took a taxi to/from the hotel and airport. No issues either time.

Stay in FLL the night before, and take a shuttle the morning of the cruise to Miami.

We have used SAS, MJS, and most recently Jiffy Jeff Transportation. They all cost about the same @ $15 pp, and are all very good companies. I would pick Jiffy Jeff as my first choice. They use brand new Mercedes, high roof vans and don't pack you in tight. It was just a much more comfortable ride in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you folks work anything out yet? We can't find a car rental place that's open on Sunday at the FLL Cruise Port (we are doing a back to back) to get to Miami cruise port. I'm sure we arent the only people who have done this, so what are people doing?

We are arriving in Ft lauderdale late on a Friday night and catch the Carnival Breeze on Saturday in Miami. Anyone know the easiest way to do that?

thanks!

Some of the car rental places at the FLL airport offer shuttles from the port to the airport. I'm not certain which ones, though.

If you can't find one, a cab to FLL will run you less than $20.

You might also take a cab to one of the airport hotels and take a shuttle from there to POM.

thanks!

You said you arrive "late" Friday night in FLL and sail from Miami the next day and you are looking for the "easiest" travel option. Not the cheapest, but the easiest.

I would suggest a cab to a hotel as close as possible to the Port of Miami. I like the Intercontental. Sleep in and then enjoy their pool. They have a great poolside restaurant and then take a cab around 2:00 to the ship and avoid the early arrival lines.