What happened to the "Search" Function ?

davesgirl51

The search function has been mia for awhile and last week entire website was down for over a day for clean up adjustments whatever but they still have not done any thing with search engine. Prior to all of this it would come and go even while you were reading posts and that had been going on for a couple weeks prior.

I asked CC last week but of course no reply. They seem to be quick at deleting threads but can't reply to a simple question.

LauraS I hope your reading this!

Cute post.

Reality is that for the past week (and then some), a new post comes up every 22.89 hrs asking. It is down.

You can still search CC via google. Just add cruisecritic.com in the search terms.

I don't understand all of the posts asking where the search function went? :confused:

Why don't you just search for the answer.

Ummm...

Errrrr....

emily-litella.jpg

:D :D

Also, the first thread above the "sticky" threads:

Boards and Search Functionality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize for the delay in Cruise Critic enjoyment. We feel your pain! While our boards were not functional, the other sections of our site were up and running. We do hope that you were able to get your cruise fix by looking at our news, member reviews, and other sections of our site.

We did have to roll back the forums just a bit so you may notice that some posts are not visible. We encourage you to re-post if you can.

Also, Just a note that search is still being worked on, so it is not functional at the moment. This will also effect certain options on the App, such as Participated Threads, Unread Threads, New Threads and the like.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to email.

In desperate need of a cruise countdown

Jenn

Community Support

help@cruisecritic.com

Edited by ncklhaus

Am I missing something? There is a search box at the top of the page.

That searches the CC web site, not the forum. there used to be a search function for the forum specifically as well as the ability to search within each sub-forum and within each thread. That is what folks are missing.

That searches the CC web site, not the forum. there used to be a search function for the forum specifically as well as the ability to search within each sub-forum and within each thread. That is what folks are missing.

It searches the forums, too. But you're right, it only does a high level search... I doesn't allow drilling down into sub forums and threads.

The missing search thing, doesn't really impact on me - but the missing 'new posts' or 'today's posts does, I really miss it, and hope it returns soon (apparently, it is related to the search function - so hoping it returns along with the search function).