Gem review - February 8-17

kjbacon

One more question for you kjbacon...we are trying to decide how much to pack (we are both notorious over packers lol). Do you remember approx when on the 9 day they did the laundry special?

Pardon me for jumping in and replying. On the Jan.20 cruise, the laundry notice (one full bag for $24.95) appeared in the Daily for Day 4. Instructions were to leave the full bag by 12 noon of Day 4. The clean, folded clothes would then be returned on the evening of Day 6. (Wife and I did not have to use the service though).

One more question for you kjbacon...we are trying to decide how much to pack (we are both notorious over packers lol). Do you remember approx when on the 9 day they did the laundry special?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They actually offered the laundry special twice. We are platinum and when they offered it the first time I guess I was asleep. It must have been shortly after sailing - within 3 days or so. I checked with customer service and they offered it again on day 7 so we managed to take advantage.

Twice on the laundry special is what I remember too.

The cruise director was Ben but we had little or no interaction with him. The assistant cruise director was Nacho and he did a very good job. He and a couple others did bingo and helped to make it a lot of fun. He has a great sense of humor!

We can be over packers too but we did fairly well with this trip. One thing we both wished we had was a hoodie or light jacket for those days with the in between weather.

I also suggest a strong mosquito repellent with the issues in St Martin (if you are a mosquito magnet like I am).

Pardon me for jumping in and replying. On the Jan.20 cruise, the laundry notice (one full bag for $24.95) appeared in the Daily for Day 4. Instructions were to leave the full bag by 12 noon of Day 4. The clean, folded clothes would then be returned on the evening of Day 6. (Wife and I did not have to use the service though).

Ooops, I stand corrected! The 2nd Laundry Special was indeed on Day 7, with clothes being returned on the evening of Day 9. I never even considered this, since I was going directly home after the cruise. I imagine the 2nd late laundry special would be useful for folks who have a longer travel back to home, or are combining another vacation trip after the cruise.