Portifinos Mystery Dinner

Good evening cruise critic,

My future husband and myself will be enjoying our honeymoon aboard a jewel of the Seas this May. We, rather I am very interested in the Mystery Dinner. Has anyone done this? Was it a good experience? I just thought it looked different, and might be really neat! I noticed it does include some wine as well, if possible can anyone elaborate on that? I know it's a little more than regular Portifinos (which we have never had anyway), but hey it's our honeymoon! Thanks for any responses!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We did the mystery dinner on Radiance in September last year and had a blast. It was a ton of fun and the food was wonderful. We are not drinkers so didn't have the wine so someone else will have to reply to that part. I would highly recommend it and think you will enjoy it very much.:)

We did it on Adventure last year, the "acting" wasn't exactly Oscar worthy but the cast were having a great time, the food was excellent and we had a blast! There was enough red and white wine to float a boat! They just kept filling the glasses, and we kept drinking it. I'd highly recommend this, keep in mind the story is completely hokey but so much fun!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My friends and I did this a few years ago on the Radiance. I will tell you, the more involved the audience gets, the better the show gets. The food was wonderful and the wine included were a red and a white that were both pretty decent. Not top shelf, but better than the two buck chuck!

We loved it on the Indy in Nov. Very campy theater troupe, awesome costumes, funny and moves at a good pace. Food was awesome and though we dont drink, we go all the free soda we wanted. For those thay do drink, never ever did their wine glasses go empty so they must have had a good time too. We will do this again.

We did the Theater on the Explorer in November and really enjoyed it. As krev mentioned, the acting was not exactly "Oscar" material but the actors made it really fun so our audience enjoyed themselves. On a side note, we reserved the "Mystery Theater" for the end of February on the Navigator for a Thursday night performance and were bumped to a Sunday night performance (the night of departure). Since the bump was without notice and since it was on the first night out, we cancelled the show. However if the show, IMO, is later in the week, enjoy yourself.

Thank you all for your responses! The show will be the first sea day, which is day four on this cruise so I think that will be perfect! I think we will do chops the first day right after the muster drill.

Sounds like an great plan!! Congratulations!!

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I noticed that a PP mentioned that their Mystery dinner was moved to another date. This happened to us too on our Feb 2 cruise on AOS. A note was left in our cabin on departure day that the dinner had been changed to Friday- lobster night.:mad:

We still enjoyed the evening, even though I made the mistake of having the white wine. Ewwww- that stuff would strip paint.

Good evening cruise critic,

My future husband and myself will be enjoying our honeymoon aboard a jewel of the Seas this May. We, rather I am very interested in the Mystery Dinner. Has anyone done this? Was it a good experience? I just thought it looked different, and might be really neat! I noticed it does include some wine as well, if possible can anyone elaborate on that? I know it's a little more than regular Portifinos (which we have never had anyway), but hey it's our honeymoon! Thanks for any responses!

It was cute, and they give you a ton of wine, they keep refilling your glass all night

• 1 month later...

Definitely do the Mystery Dinner. It was great fun. Be sure to listen to the clues and put some effort into the questions that you will ask the actors toward the end. You will get lots of information that was not revealed in the original skit. Our table was not engaged in the mystery and complained about the food, but my husband and I had a wonderful time! The actors noticed that at our table we were the only ones participating, so they put on quite a show for us. Hope you have fun and are seated with people who are there to have fun, too.