Noro on inbound Eclipse?

joeinsb

We just received emails, presumably from Celebrity, although the ID in the headers didn't reflect the company's name, that Saturday's boarding of the Eclipse would be delayed because the ship would be undergoing a thorough cleaning following a Noro outbreak. At the top of the message it said "click here to acknowledge receipt of this message," which we didn't because it didn't say Celebrity or RCCL and opening something is a great way to get spammed or worse. Besides, we already knew what the message said.

Anyway, have any of you on our cruise received the same message? If not, what gives?

We just received emails, presumably from Celebrity, although the ID in the headers didn't reflect the company's name, that Saturday's boarding of the Eclipse would be delayed because the ship would be undergoing a thorough cleaning following a Noro outbreak. At the top of the message it said "click here to acknowledge receipt of this message," which we didn't because it didn't say Celebrity or RCCL and opening something is a great way to get spammed or worse. Besides, we already knew what the message said.

Anyway, have any of you on our cruise received the same message? If not, what gives?

We received this email message, and also received a recorded message and text message. Did not click on the notification, but there were reports of an outbreak, and frankly happy they are giving the ship a shock treatment before we board on Saturday!

I think that it is a common procedure that all crusie lines have to go thru.

A few years ago the cruise before us on the Ruby Princess had a Noro outbreak. We got a email that boarding would not start until at least 4:00 because they had to do a thourough cleaning of the ship and then the health inspectors had to pass it. At the time we were held in a convention center and got a voucher for food items. Alcohol was available at a highly marked up price, something like $8 for a beer which was good as you didn't want to have a lot of unruly irrate drunks. Coffee, tap water and etc was available for free.

May have received a small amount of SBC but it wasn't much.

Don't think that it is really anything to be concerned about. We got on board and had a nice cruise with no other problems.

🌅🚢🍸🍻

I got the same email and was also afraid to click the link.

We are on board now and doing B2B. There will be delay boarding for deep cleaning. Per cruise line. giving B2B guest a free shore excursion and we will reboard before new guests. only 30 b2b guests. no big outbreak but told to deep clean for extra precaution. :(

We are on board now and doing B2B. There will be delay boarding for deep cleaning. Per cruise line. giving B2B guest a free shore excursion and we will reboard before new guests. only 30 b2b guests. no big outbreak but told to deep clean for extra precaution. :(

We board on Saturday, and happy to hear about the deep clean. And also REALLY hoping all 30 of you feel fit as a fiddle! Can't imagine being away for 28 days, but betting it's fantastic. Safe sea days and will be looking forward to joining the ship later Saturday. :)

Was the email from Everbridge? They are a contracted mass notification company. RCI uses them so it's possible Celebrity does also.

Yes it was, Gregg. Did a little research and they seem to be on the up and up. Although, acknowledging receipt probably just removes you from follow up emails, and would play into their success rate for notification, and the effectiveness of their business.

Yes it was, Gregg. Did a little research and they seem to be on the up and up. Although, acknowledging receipt probably just removes you from follow up emails, and would play into their success rate for notification, and the effectiveness of their business.

Exactly. ;)

Hi GaGirl,

Hope you're enjoying your cruise! I'm wondering if you could do me a HUGE favor. DH and I just got off the Equinox (1st cruise with Celebrity) a couple of weeks ago, and we're now booking the Eclipse for next January. We're aware that some cabins have the bed closer to the balcony (which we like), while others have the sofa there. I was trying to check some Concierge cabins' configurations, even called Celebrity, and they tell me they don't keep records of that info.

Is there ANY way you could possibly check a few cabins on the Panorama deck while you're on your cruise, and let me know what their configurations are? I would so much appreciate it!!

The cabins I'm looking at are: 9314; 9257; and 9259. They're all towards the aft. Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance for your help with this!! Trying to keep DH happy by getting the configuration we like. :)

ZoeyJ

Hi GaGirl,

Hope you're enjoying your cruise! I'm wondering if you could do me a HUGE favor. DH and I just got off the Equinox (1st cruise with Celebrity) a couple of weeks ago, and we're now booking the Eclipse for next January. We're aware that some cabins have the bed closer to the balcony (which we like), while others have the sofa there. I was trying to check some Concierge cabins' configurations, even called Celebrity, and they tell me they don't keep records of that info.

Is there ANY way you could possibly check a few cabins on the Panorama deck while you're on your cruise, and let me know what their configurations are? I would so much appreciate it!!

The cabins I'm looking at are: 9314; 9257; and 9259. They're all towards the aft. Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance for your help with this!! Trying to keep DH happy by getting the configuration we like. :)

ZoeyJ

The S-Class sticky on cabins has 9257 and 9259 listed. One is the bath configuration, the other is a balcony. Hope this helps. We'll be on the ship starting on Saturday, and if I can figure out a way to check, I will for you. :)

For Deck 9 take a look at the deck plans. It the cabin has a sofa bed or upper berth indicated the bed is by the bath. If the cabin does not have these features the bed is by the balcony. Ex. 9288 on the hump has the bed by the balcony. 9286 and 9290 have the beds by the bath. The location of the bed alternates as you go down the corridors.

9257 bed by bath 9259 bed by balcony

Hope this helps.

Having read this post I contacted my booking agent, who contacted Celebrity in the UK, they claim not to know anything at all about a delay for cleaning.

I note that all the people receiving e mails etc are American....strange they have them and the UK have not....Celebrity get your act together

Is it me? Or does the Eclipse get more noro virus problems than the other ships?

It might be just that I pay the Eclipse more attention as we sail on her but I have read several reports regarding illness.

For Deck 9 take a look at the deck plans. It the cabin has a sofa bed or upper berth indicated the bed is by the bath. If the cabin does not have these features the bed is by the balcony. Ex. 9288 on the hump has the bed by the balcony. 9286 and 9290 have the beds by the bath. The location of the bed alternates as you go down the corridors.

9257 bed by bath 9259 bed by balcony

Hope this helps.

Thank you GiannaD. I've been searching these forums for info, and it does seem right that 9259 has bed by balcony, so I'm changing our cabin today. Thank you so much for your help.

The S-Class sticky on cabins has 9257 and 9259 listed. One is the bath configuration, the other is a balcony. Hope this helps. We'll be on the ship starting on Saturday, and if I can figure out a way to check, I will for you. :)

Thank you so much, BobandAlice, for your offer to help. From what I've found online, it does seem that 9259 has bed by balcony, so I'm changing cabins today. I hope you have an absolutely fantastic cruise!