FLL airport questions

waterbugohio

doing a girls getaway in April. Flying into FLL on Southwest, a friend is flying in on Delta.

I pulled up the airport layout of terminals. I found that southwest in terminal 1 and Delta terminal 2.

I have flown into FLL several times, but never really watched to see if the terminals are walkable. We get in just a few minutes apart, will we be able to meet each other at one of the baggage claims and share a ride to hotel??? Or is it to far apart???

If close, easier to just meet out on the curb??

Thanks in advance. I would have searched for a thread on the airport. IF only the search button was working!!!!!

Terminals are maybe 100 yards apart, with a shuttle van pickup area in between. Sidewalks are certainly walkable. If you are staying at a hotel with a shuttle, you could just meet in between or walk to the baggage pickup of the later flight. If taking a cab, these go in front of the baggage pickup entrances, so once you get your bag just walk out to the stand. Hotels are maybe $20 cab ride from the terminal, although a few of the downtown hotels and farther beach areas are a bit more. By the way, if you are staying at a Hyatt (with van pickup), note there are THREE of them and they use different vans - ask the driver.

Thanks for all the info. Just thought I remember one of the terminals being further apart.

Just found out another friend will be getting in at terminal 3. Still no problem???

Still no problem - meet at terminal 2 to split the distance. Look up Hollywood-Fort Lauderdale Airport on Google Maps and you can see how close they are. If anyone has mobility issues there is a free shuttle between the terminals.

Thanks for all the info. Just thought I remember one of the terminals being further apart.

Just found out another friend will be getting in at terminal 3. Still no problem???

Are you familiar with Country Music?

Are you familiar with Country Music?

Haha, thanks. Wondered what country music had to do with it.

Sounds like we will be good to go. Do the hotel shuttles stop at each terminal or do you walk to one area? We are staying precruise at the Cambria Suites.

Edited by waterbugohio