8 nt Independence Menu Question

Lotus8

Hey all!

Some reason not finding the search feature as easy as I used to. Does anyone know the order of the 'themed' dinners for the 8 nights on Independence. (ie saffron, sage, oregano, etc..)

This helps me chose what nice for speciality restaurants. Plus, anyone recently that has gone saying lobster night is the last formal night dinner as well?

Thanks in advance. Keep Cruisin! ;)

I have not been on the Indy 8nt cruise (yet), but this is my best guess based on reading recent reviews. This might vary for your cruise... no guarantee. :D

MOJO

SAFFRAN

BASIL

PORTABELLO

PIMIENTO

SHIITAKE

JASMINE

POMODORO

Hope this helps,

Brad

Hey all!

Some reason not finding the search feature as easy as I used to. Does anyone know the order of the 'themed' dinners for the 8 nights on Independence. (ie saffron, sage, oregano, etc..)

This helps me chose what nice for speciality restaurants. Plus, anyone recently that has gone saying lobster night is the last formal night dinner as well?

Thanks in advance. Keep Cruisin! ;)

If you are asking if the lobster night is the 2nd (last) formal night, the answer is yes, and it is day 6.

hmmm, here it lists possibly that Day 6, Formal night, is Shiitake, not Jasmine. I wonder if anyone can confirm this is the most likely order of the meals.

You are correct -- I believe I had those reversed. (And I corrected the spelling of Portobello)

MOJO

SAFFRAN

BASIL

PORTOBELLO

PIMIENTO

JASMINE

SHIITAKE

POMODORO

(An early review actually had Shiitake being served on the formal night, which I thought was odd. But more recent reviews have indicated that Jasmine (with Lobster) is served on the Formal night, which is the 6th night, as to be expected.)

Sorry for any confusion,

Brad

I was on the Indy 8 nighter last month, and this looks correct.

We just got off the IOS , we ate in MDR on nights 4, 6 and 7. The above list for those nights is correct and lobster tail was served on night 6 which was the second formal night after sailaway from San Juan.

Now that the search function is broken, does anyone know where to find the ACTUAL menus? I've tried with no luck although the order is helpful. I know they are on the site somewhere - we'd like to figure out which night to do Giovannis.

Menus:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kit/9/culinary-press-kit/

Edited by clarea

You are correct -- I believe I had those reversed. (And I corrected the spelling of Portobello)

MOJO

SAFFRAN

BASIL

PORTOBELLO

PIMIENTO

JASMINE

SHIITAKE

POMODORO

(An early review actually had Shiitake being served on the formal night, which I thought was odd. But more recent reviews have indicated that Jasmine (with Lobster) is served on the Formal night, which is the 6th night, as to be expected.)

Sorry for any confusion,

Brad

I think you also need to correct "Saffran" to "Saffron."

As for other questions about the Portobello Menu, we had it on Serenade rather than Shiitake. Unfortunately we had it on the 7th night so I don't remember much about it but I do recall there being a roasted potato and jalapeno soup, a Strip steak served with steak fries, and a Drunken Kahlua cake.

• 2 weeks later...