Woohoo - Upgrade Fairy came to call !

Bobal

I'm always worried that what RCI considers an upgrade I may not..I wish there were more specific upgrade choices.

With a D1 on Allure we were happy to be upgraded as it would be to at least a JS and it's only a one week cruise. However, I agree with what you say to some extent. We have a D class cabin on Serenade in May but it's a corner aft and we wouldn't want to lose that so will be changing our preference to no upgrade after this cruise.

I wonder why they even have the "automatic upgrade preference" page available to anyone under D+... a cruise would have to be catastrophically undersold for the fairy to make it all the way down to us lowly Emerald members (let alone Platinum and Gold). It is nice to dream, though.

Last month we received an auto upgrade from an panoramic oceanview to a superior balcony on the Legend. At the time we were Gold...now Platinum. It was our first balcony and we loved it!

OP, congrats on the upgrade!

Lisa

Last month we received an auto upgrade from an panoramic oceanview to a superior balcony on the Legend. At the time we were Gold...now Platinum. It was our first balcony and we loved it!

OP, congrats on the upgrade!

Lisa

Well, I guess we should never say never. Congrats on your upgrade as well.