Woohoo - Upgrade Fairy came to call !

Bobal

Embarking on Allure next week. Just went into my booking to check a few things and the cabin number has changed from a D1 to a JS. Very happy indeed :D

Since people often ask how/why/when do you get upgrades I thought I would post here.

We're D+, we had an email a few months ago regarding automatic upgrades for D+ and Pinnacle if available. We ticked the box for automatic upgrade. This cruise is booked via a TA in the UK but the upgrade has been done automatically without informing us or the TA - just a change of cabin number 10 days out.

Only hoping it's not a mistake and I log in tomorrow and find we've reverted back to our old cabin. Not that I didn't like the cabin but it would be a bit embarassing after announcing it on here :o

Excellent upgrade, congratulations!:)

I'm starting to wonder if the only way to get upgrades anymore is to select "Automatic"?

I have been on the "automatic" upgrade selection in my profile

since the option to do so became available way back in the beginning.

And yes...I am also D+.

Still no upgrades for me. Sigh...but still dreaming.

Congrats to the OP for the great upgrade!! :)

Edited by island lady

Congratulations. We have never booked a JS but plan to on our next two cruises. We've done the GS, OS, and RFS only to get to Diamond Status and of course the perks. Now that we have access to the DL we only are going to book the JS for the double points and try to get to Diamond Plus ASAP. We have been very impressed with the size of all the suites. I know you will enjoy it. Congratulations again--you earned it.

I wonder why they even have the "automatic upgrade preference" page available to anyone under D+... a cruise would have to be catastrophically undersold for the fairy to make it all the way down to us lowly Emerald members (let alone Platinum and Gold). It is nice to dream, though.

Potentially dumb question, but where is the list of cabin classes and the differences between them? I'm specifically looking for Allure..

Descriptions of all classes of cabin: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/home.do?br=R&shipCode=AL&shipName=Allure+Of+The+Seas

Deck Plans, with exact sub-classes: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AL

Wonderful! Enjoy :) can I ask a stupid question? Do you pay extra for the up grade? I'm just diamond did ck that box I don't expect anything but I was just wondering

If it's an automatic upgrade, it would be after final payment, and you would pay nothing. They may also contact you directly with an offer for a reduced-rate upgrade (sometimes before, sometimes after final payment). In that case they won't do it without your approval.

Wonderful! Enjoy :) can I ask a stupid question? Do you pay extra for the up grade? I'm just diamond did ck that box I don't expect anything but I was just wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No we didn't pay anything extra. Didn't even know about it until I logged into my page on Royal Caribbean website and saw the cabin number had been changed. :)

I wonder why they even have the "automatic upgrade preference" page available to anyone under D+... a cruise would have to be catastrophically undersold for the fairy to make it all the way down to us lowly Emerald members (let alone Platinum and Gold). It is nice to dream, though.

I would think there could be cases of "cascading upgrades" that might reach down into those ranks. The D+ has an Owner's Suite and is upgraded to a Crown Loft Suite. Now there's an Owner's Suite open - well, probably another D+ to upgrade to that one, who just had a Grand Suite. Now there's a Grand Suite open, have to upgrade someone from a JS to that. The vacated JS now goes to someone with a Balcony, and the vacated Balcony goes to someone with an OV - and so on and so on. At some point they might reach the Emerald's or below, who knows! :)

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Embarking on Allure next week. Just went into my booking to check a few things and the cabin number has changed from a D1 to a JS. Very happy indeed :D

Since people often ask how/why/when do you get upgrades I thought I would post here.

We're D+, we had an email a few months ago regarding automatic upgrades for D+ and Pinnacle if available. We ticked the box for automatic upgrade. This cruise is booked via a TA in the UK but the upgrade has been done automatically without informing us or the TA - just a change of cabin number 10 days out.

Only hoping it's not a mistake and I log in tomorrow and find we've reverted back to our old cabin. Not that I didn't like the cabin but it would be a bit embarassing after announcing it on here :o

great news!!