Where are the Getaway Reviews?

Medtech2

I agree. There has only been one formal review of the first Caribbean sailing on the boards. Just a few teasers on the day they got back with the promise they are coming back to post reviews. For a new ship, I have never seen reviews so scarce or quiet.

Edited by david_sobe

It’s hard to come up with an answer that covers every single returning Getaway cruiser, but perhaps there are things in their lives (family, friends, work, household chores, etc) that they feel deserves a bigger priority for their time and energy than rushing to Cruise Critic to post a review.

Just speaking for myself, I’m still in the process of unpacking and catching up on the resulting laundry. I can’t see sitting down to go over the whole experience, writing a draft review, re-reading and revising that review, and publishing it to Cruise Critic (knowing they will wait a few days to actually post it) as being a pressing priority…especially considering other demands for my time.

And I do realize that some people are simply curious about the ship. So was I. However, I (along with everyone else on the “first” sailing), managed to experience the ship without anyone else’s perceptions to cloud our judgment. The jury is still out, but there does seem to be some benefit in that.

I wouldn’t fret. Give people some time to reflect on the experience, compose their thoughts, and write a proper review. Keep checking CC’s Review Section, I’m sure that reviews will appear in time.

Excuses excuses......

I sailed Epic its first year and came home on Christmas Day with laundry, chores to do, and just vacation fatigue. I made posts on CC after just putting my bags down and started my review the next day. I am loyal to my CC peeps.

No more excuses.... now start writing and posting photos!!!!!!

:)

Edited by david_sobe

Even though I will probably never sail on the Getaway, I, too, am looking forward to reading her reviews.

Something about reading about sailing in nice warm weather to nice warm, tropical places, seeing pictures of Palm Trees swaying in the nice warm breezes, eases the bitter cold and snow that is my harsh reality right now.

Breakaway cruisers....get thee to CC!

Cheers!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Well, I wrote a Getaway review but Cruise Critic seems to be taking quite some time "approving" it. Must be a back log or something. I will say that 99% of the people I spoke with during the cruise were having a fantastic time :D.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If what the majority on these boards believe is true, that NCL takes the best crew from all their ships and place them on the new ship, Getaway, and GA is basically a BA clone, I suspect the reviews will be right in line with the Breakaway.

The one difference I see is GA sails from Miami, not New York. Some believe the NY crowd are a rougher bunch to cruise with.

Well, I have now sailed on both the BA and the GA and like the vibe on the GA much, much better. I think people will be in for a surprise that, once the reviews come out, the overall satisfaction rate on the GA will actually be higher. Perhaps due to the itinerary, on board entertainment options or sunnier decor. Hard to say why, but I'm booked on the GA again and can't wait to go. I even found the crew to be visibly happier on board of the GA. Go figure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Getaway 2/15-2/22-it was an awesome cruise! We were in a mid ship mini suite-lots of room. We were lucky enough to enjoy the vibe for the week which I would highly recommend.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Just got off the Getaway 2/15-2/22-it was an awesome cruise! We were in a mid ship mini suite-lots of room. We were lucky enough to enjoy the vibe for the week which I would highly recommend.

What cabin #/deck were you on? We are on the 3/15 sailing and are in a minisuite (9204) above the Waterfront (specifically La Cucina) and were wandering about the noise levels (if any). Looking forward to our cruise on Getaway.

I am glad to hear you had a good time

What time did you get to the ship to purchase the vibe?

What were your thoughts on the vibe area?

Thank you maria

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We got to the port at 9am-doors to check in opened at 10 and we boarded around 11:30. We were first in line to buy vibe. Vibe area was great-more than enough lounge chairs for all. Vibe had 2 hot tubs but no pool. Our bartender, Arsenio, was great. We were served frozen fruit kabobs, smoothie samples and cold towels. The regular pool decks were jammed with people and chairs.

We got to the port at 9am-doors to check in opened at 10 and we boarded around 11:30. We were first in line to buy vibe. Vibe area was great-more than enough lounge chairs for all. Vibe had 2 hot tubs but no pool. Our bartender, Arsenio, was great. We were served frozen fruit kabobs, smoothie samples and cold towels. The regular pool decks were jammed with people and chairs.

Thank you so much

We are staying at the holiday inn port of Miami

This way we can take a cab at 8:30 am and hopefully get vibe passes

Maria

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Huh? A "rougher bunch"? Why would that be?

More demanding, more impatient. It is much faster paced here in the NE. It took me a good year to "lose the Jersey" when I first moved to Florida lol I knew the Getaway would have much better reviews simply because it's sailing from Florida. So far, that appears to be true. We have homes in both states, and will fly to Florida before sailing from NJ / NY for that reason! Edited: sorry LMB - I know the question was directed to you.

Edited by SissasMomE

Excuses excuses......

I sailed Epic its first year and came home on Christmas Day with laundry, chores to do, and just vacation fatigue. I made posts on CC after just putting my bags down and started my review the next day. I am loyal to my CC peeps.

No more excuses.... now start writing and posting photos!!!!!!

:)

LMAO....... I'm with you David...lets go people, write,write,write,upload,upload,upload....;)

Were there any umbrellas or shaded places to sit in Vibe? I burn easily but like to sit outside and enjoy the sea air (and tropical drinks)!