Dark colored shirts for Caribbean cruise?

gryffin123

Sorry for this basic dumb question. But, I've never been on a cruise or to the Caribbean, and am having a lot of trouble deciding what to pack, and we leave tomorrow! Are dark (black, navy) cotton polo shirts ok for woman's daywear, or will they be too heavy/hot?

Thanks!

I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. If the fabric was very light and breathable, I would wear it but if not, I would go with lighter colors instead. I'm not sure what ports you are going to but today, in the Cayman Islands it is suppose to be in the mid 80s.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of on the ship/sea days, it is a Soandex cotton blend, but a typical LandsEnd polo weight. The ports we are visiting are Aruba, Curaçao, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Martin, St. Thomas, Antigua sailing out of Miami.

Edited by gryffin123

Again, it's a personal decision, but I don't like wearing dark tops when it's above 80--makes me feel much hotter. It depends on the fabric and cut as well.

I tend to pack mostly white and light colors for day time activities; night time and indoor where there is AC, it doesn't matter.

It is going to be hot and very possibly humid in all the ports you mentioned. Dark colours are fine around the ship but for excursions I would want the lightest weight most breathable fabric I could get, and lighter colours will be cooler out in the sun.

Sounds like a great itinerary. Enjoy.

Guest maddycat

As mentioned by others, it will be very hot and humid in all of the ports that you visit. If you can be comfortable wearing those tops under those circumstances then bring them. I wear my lightest, coolest cotton tops in port and save my heavier weight cottons for the ship. Usually the AC on the ship is very strong.