Haven on Epic, Breakaway and Getaway - can they get crowded?

dalmoradie

Hello all.

I just came back from a cruise on the Pearl and we were in a 2-bedroom Family suite in the Haven. I loved the fact that the Haven was only accessible to the people staying in the 14th deck which made it so nice and peaceful.

I'm wondering if since all suites on the 3 newest ships (Epic, Breakaway and Getaway) have Haven access... Does the Haven area get crowded?

I can only speak for the sailings I have been on and most recently was the Breakaway last week. It was not crowded at all. We have been very lucky because we did the Haven on the Gem and Jewel as well and it was the same BUT we never went during peak dates and the other Haven passengers were some of the nicest people we've met and were quite a few families with 2 or more kids on this sailing in the Haven.

Also, Adrian is the head concierge on the Breakaway and he sets the tone on day one that no one other than registered guests are allowed in the Haven common area. You can bring people to your own cabin but that is it.

I took pics every day and night of the Haven inside and outside so I could show you if you would like : )

Edited by McCutie
Added info

I can only speak for the sailings I have been on and most recently was the Breakaway last week. It was not crowded at all. We have been very lucky because we did the Haven on the Gem and Jewel as well and it was the same BUT we never went during peak dates and the other Haven passengers were some of the nicest people we've met and were quite a few families with 2 or more kids on this sailing in the Haven.

Also, Adrian is the head concierge on the Breakaway and he sets the tone on day one that no one other than registered guests are allowed in the Haven common area. You can bring people to your own cabin but that is it.

I took pics every day and night of the Haven inside and outside so I could show you if you would like : )

Hi. Although I am not the OP, I would LOVE to see the pictures!

We are sailing in the Haven on the Breakaway in August! CAN'T WAIT!

We found the Haven area on the Epic having only about one third of capacity at it's busiest times.

In your opinion would you say it's because the Haven public spaces are so large that they aren't crowded, or because people are mostly holed up in their cabins, or because people who pay for the Haven spend most of their time not using the Haven facilities? (Or none of the above?)

(I've never been in or seen a Haven except in pictures, so just curious.)

Js- email me at mccutie_26@ yahoo dot com and I will send you pics or I can friend request you on FB so you can see the pics. I did post one pic on NCLs FB page a few days ago but that is nothing compared to the trillion pics I took ; )

I think I have some from the lounge/ bar area and the restaurant. I know I have cabin pics of 16106.

Oh for some reason my files won't upload here : (

Edited by McCutie
Added info

We sailed Haven on Epic twice - once in January and once in February (President's Week ---wahhhhh this week last year!). Anyway, January was nice. Not busy, you could get a lounger, pool and hot tubs not crowded, Posh had people, but not crowded. February on the other hand was crowded. Unfortunately there was one family who decided they were better than the rest of us and took the entire front row of loungers every morning by 6:30 - yes, there are chair hogs in the haven too! Definitely busier and full. Posh was full and the double loungers were full of singles so it was hard to find a lounger.

Service was still fantastic both times, but because of the holiday week, I found the haven to be much more crowded in February. However, the whole ship was busier, so it was still a nice place to escape. If I could have removed that family and his entitlement from the courtyard area, it would have been really nice. (he was the only one screaming about getting a bigger refund because we didn't stop in Nassau - I was on the sailing where there was an issue in the port and we didn't stop).

Ultimately, I definitely think it depends on the week you sail - it can potentially have a lot of children if it's a school holiday week because of the 2-bedroom villas marketed to families. If you're on an off week, you will see less people for sure.

I think there are people who pay for Haven access who don't actually use the Haven pool area because it's smaller and they like to be in the thick of it on the pool deck. Or the adult only area on Epic because they have kids with them. But it really could depend week to week.

We found the Haven area on the Epic having only about one third of capacity at it's busiest times.

I was never really comfortable in the Haven pool area on the Epic. It was so isolated. I'd rather be on the main pool deck with the all of the people, having fun ... but that's just me. :o I do like the suites for the extra space, and extra bathroom though.

Edited by Poohsmommi

I think there are people who pay for Haven access who don't actually use the Haven pool area because it's smaller and they like to be in the thick of it on the pool deck. Or the adult only area on Epic because they have kids with them. But it really could depend week to week.

LOL That's us! I don't think my twins ever even used the pool in the Haven. They were off with their friends during the day!

Oh, I wanted to add that I also took a pictures of Vibe on the Breakaway from above and it was when we were "docked" in GSC and there wasn't one person in there.

If I wasn't staying in the Haven, I would have definitely jump at the chance to buy Vibe passes for week. Not expensive at all.

Oh, I wanted to add that I also took a pictures of Vibe on the Breakaway from above and it was when we were "docked" in GSC and there wasn't one person in there.

If I wasn't staying in the Haven, I would have definitely jump at the chance to buy Vibe passes for week. Not expensive at all.

Hi!

Sent you an e-mail.

THANKS!!!

Thanks so much for all the answers. We've cruised a lot of times before, but last month was our very first in a suite (we got upsold to a Haven suite for $100 more so we took the plunge). Now, I'm spoiled and I know I will find it hard to go back to a 'regular' cabin :)

The peace and quiet we experienced in the Haven on the Pearl was so worth it and I just wanted to make sure that if we book any of the 3 new ships, we will get the same 'Haven' experience we got on the Pearl.

Now, time to plan my next cruise! :)

In your opinion would you say it's because the Haven public spaces are so large that they aren't crowded, or because people are mostly holed up in their cabins, or because people who pay for the Haven spend most of their time not using the Haven facilities? (Or none of the above?)

(I've never been in or seen a Haven except in pictures, so just curious.)

You can feel a bit insulated in the Haven area, in my opinion. All of the noise and happenings are in the main pool area. The water slides, climbing walls and all the rest. I also enjoy people watching. When I want a semi quiet place, I retreat to the Haven. In April, I plan on spending most of my ship time in the Haven area.

Js- email me at mccutie_26@ yahoo dot com and I will send you pics or I can friend request you on FB so you can see the pics. I did post one pic on NCLs FB page a few days ago but that is nothing compared to the trillion pics I took ; )

I think I have some from the lounge/ bar area and the restaurant. I know I have cabin pics of 16106.

Oh for some reason my files won't upload here : (

Is it alright if I send you an email for the pics? Going in just over a month.

We sailed Haven on Epic twice - once in January and once in February (President's Week ---wahhhhh this week last year!). Anyway, January was nice. Not busy, you could get a lounger, pool and hot tubs not crowded, Posh had people, but not crowded. February on the other hand was crowded. Unfortunately there was one family who decided they were better than the rest of us and took the entire front row of loungers every morning by 6:30 - yes, there are chair hogs in the haven too! Definitely busier and full. Posh was full and the double loungers were full of singles so it was hard to find a lounger.

Service was still fantastic both times, but because of the holiday week, I found the haven to be much more crowded in February. However, the whole ship was busier, so it was still a nice place to escape. If I could have removed that family and his entitlement from the courtyard area, it would have been really nice. (he was the only one screaming about getting a bigger refund because we didn't stop in Nassau - I was on the sailing where there was an issue in the port and we didn't stop).

Ultimately, I definitely think it depends on the week you sail - it can potentially have a lot of children if it's a school holiday week because of the 2-bedroom villas marketed to families. If you're on an off week, you will see less people for sure.

We are cruising Easter break and figure it may be crowded-but if kids cannot attend, I'm surprised people with young families would hang out there. 6:30am? People are nuts!

A friend of mine had the exact same experience, there was a family group with lots of children who ran around like it was a private pool. Toys were left out, chairs were taken.