concierge neptune lounge noise

cardboardcharlie

What great memories Ruth, I would have loved to be on that cruise with you. What fun we would have had, I love joining in on innocent fun with lots of laughter and being able to laugh at oneself..let the good times roll!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RuthC wishes she could do a conga line the way RuthC used to! :D Kinda tough with a cane. :(

We used to have such fun in that bar. There was a can-can line when all the women had to get up and dance; there were toy instruments to form a band. There was a special song played when you entered, and a different one played when a man left to go to the restroom. :o (It would still be playing when he returned. :eek:)

SS Rotterdam will always hold a very special place in my heart. She was a grand lady that had so much character and warmth. Stepping on board was like coming home. If I close my eyes I can still smell the unique smell she had throughout.

Edited by frankc98376

Is it only me or is anyone else afraid to talk above a whisper in there?

I'm laughing here because I had forgotten how quiet it was in there. (My one and only time in a suite because it was a good deal as an up-pay and I thought, What the heck! Loved the coffee in there and the sweet concierge.)

Ginny

Sez you. I was sitting in there one afternoon and casually mentioned to a blue haired lady that I was sailing in an inside cabin. The subsequent noise was deafening! I was pelted with finger sandwiches as I fled the scene.

Thanks for my giggle for the day-what a mental picture!

Ginny

Sez you. I was sitting in there one afternoon and casually mentioned to a blue haired lady that I was sailing in an inside cabin. The subsequent noise was deafening! I was pelted with finger sandwiches as I fled the scene.

Good one Rich! :)

What are the hours for the NL? What are some of the benefits of the concierge? We are considering our first HAL suite and hubby could use a few more selling points!;)

The hours seem to vary by ship a bit and if you are in port or not. Generally speaking, they open around 7:30 am and close around 8:00 pm

Benefits of the concierge? Basically they can take care of just about anything you need - so rather than go all over the place or to the Front Desk - the concierge takes care of it for you. So, restaurant reservations, questions, problems (heaven forbid), just about everything and anything you can think of. They even cash travellers cheques or exchange money.

If your DH likes coffee - the coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge is superior to the coffee in the Lido. If he likes something light for breakfast (continental), the NL has a nice selection of fruit, yogurts, salmon, bagels, bread, etc. If he likes a full breakfast - the Pinnacle Grill is a nice place to have it (or King's Room depending upon the ship). Much more relaxing and personal than the MDR.

Free laundry and dry cleaning is plus as well:D

Thanks Kazu! Is the coffee espresso by any chance?

Yes. The machine makes coffee, decaf, espresso and cappuccino - leaded & unleaded. Latte as well.

Edited by POA1