Accessible stateroom rules

There is one still available for our cruise that leaves in one week. I hate to take it for those worse off. I have a baby too and being able to sit and shower him would be easier on me as we'll as I can't bend over or lift for two weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friends of ours, both elderly always book one of these rooms with the understanding if someone in a wheelchair needs they will be happy to move. Some sailings sell out of these rooms and others have plenty of availability. A week out it is unlikely you will be taking it from someone else.

Friends of ours, both elderly always book one of these rooms with the understanding if someone in a wheelchair needs they will be happy to move. Some sailings sell out of these rooms and others have plenty of availability. A week out it is unlikely you will be taking it from someone else.

Exactly how would they know if someone in a wheelchair needs it? Once they book it, it is out of inventory.

Friends of ours, both elderly always book one of these rooms with the understanding if someone in a wheelchair needs they will be happy to move.

I'd even like to know how they are even able to book one if they don't need it??

I'd even like to know how they are even able to book one if they don't need it??

You need to fill out a form from Special Needs. On the form you can explain your need for the room. It's a 3 page form that must be turned in to Special Needs ASAP after booking. You can fax it in.

When booking the room they will immediately contact you via email with a pdf of the form necessary. I guess if it is not turned in they will again contact you.

This is the first time we are using an accessible cabin (hopefully the last) but ours was sent to us within moments of booking. When booking on line, there is a question that asks if you have mobility issues. If you check yes it brings up only the accessible cabins available. If booking with PCP you are just told that special needs will get in touch.

Yes you have to go through your TA. :)

If there is one available this close to your sail date then by all means take it! Im pretty sure ANYONE can have those cabins after final payment date has passed :)

That is correct. We were told after final payment they open those cabins to general booking....not always available though, but if empty, they do want the revenue from them.