Oh no, panty hose?

Hockeylovinmom

you can dress to whatever code your heart desires.. but if you are wearing bare legs with dresses on formal evening you are not finishing the product. but if you're comfortable wearing comfortable shoes and bare legs go for it.

Check out the Fashtion Police on the E Chanel on Friday nights and see what they think of women wearing hose with formal clothing. It's:eek::eek::eek:! But as I've said before above...I could care less if others wear them or not and I think every woman should wear whatever they feel comfortable wearing.

I'm 67 years old...I don't ever wear nude or flesh-colored pantyhose. I do wear thights and leggings with boots. I too used to wear garter belts with hose. I rock those when I want to turn the hubby on!!!;) But I wear black hose. It's just my preference. Do I sit around critizing people who wear nude hose...absolutely not! I love to see women that are dressed up on formal night. To me they are all beautiful in their own way no matter what they're wearing.:D Nes se pa? Did I spell that right? I'm feeling so French tonight...must be all the talk about garter belts! LOL!:D

Edited by mousey

If i'm wearing closed-toe shoes with a dress or skirt, I'll wear hose. I don't like the feel of bare feet in closed shoes.

In the summer, with sandals, no hose.

If I'm wearing a cocktail dress, I feel that panty hose gives the dress a finished look.

Lately, T.J.Maxx has increased its selection of panty hose. I bought some pretty black textured ones there.

not a fan of pantyhose but there are times I think the outfit may need a 'finished' look that stockings would complete so I've turned to thigh highs which I much prefer over panty hose.. I find them very comfortable much more so than pantyhose.... and completes the LBD , especially with heels

not a fan of pantyhose but there are times I think the outfit may need a 'finished' look that stockings would complete so I've turned to thigh highs which I much prefer over panty hose.. I find them very comfortable much more so than pantyhose.... and completes the LBD , especially with heels

I've never tried thigh highs as I am afraid I'd spend the day/evening either constantly tugging them up, or giving up, running to a ladies room, and taking them off to get the circulation back in my legs. Is either of these a reality?

I have very long legs, and can barely find pantyhose or tights to fit, so have a hard time imagining thigh highs being much more than extra long knee socks! LOL

I've never tried thigh highs as I am afraid I'd spend the day/evening either constantly tugging them up, or giving up, running to a ladies room, and taking them off to get the circulation back in my legs. Is either of these a reality?

I have very long legs, and can barely find pantyhose or tights to fit, so have a hard time imagining thigh highs being much more than extra long knee socks! LOL

Maybe with your long legs they would be extra long knee socks but there should not be any circulation problem.

I had a pair of tights that would have fit you. I bought them because they were exact color I wanted but I had to fold under the toes and I could pull them up to my armpits. I could have worn them like a strapless bodysuit.:D

I prefer my skirt hems to fall 3-6" above my knee, so I would constantly worry about the tops showing if I sat down.

Check out the Fashtion Police on the E Chanel on Friday nights and see what they think of women wearing hose with formal clothing. It's:eek::eek::eek:! But as I've said before above...I could care less if others wear them or not and I think every woman should wear whatever they feel comfortable wearing.

I'm 67 years old...I don't ever wear nude or flesh-colored pantyhose. I do wear thights and leggings with boots. I too used to wear garter belts with hose. I rock those when I want to turn the hubby on!!!;) But I wear black hose. It's just my preference. Do I sit around critizing people who wear nude hose...absolutely not! I love to see women that are dressed up on formal night. To me they are all beautiful in their own way no matter what they're wearing.:D Nes se pa? Did I spell that right? I'm feeling so French tonight...must be all the talk about garter belts! LOL!:D

N'est-ce pas

I personally hate them with a passion but to each their own. When I do wear hose, the color is usually black because I don't care for the nude colors since my skin tone is more of a pasty white. I have long legs, and the last time I checked my crotch wasn't at my kneecaps, so thigh highs work best for me.

If I'm wearing a sundress or longer casual dress, no panty hose, just smooth, lotioned legs. Now, with that said, if it's a cocktail or dressy dress, I do like to wear panyhose just for the finished look.

A brand that I just love, love , love is the Hanes Sheer Solutions. They come in Sheer Basic or Silky Sheer and also sheer toe and with or without control or shaping panty. I buy the Buff-Beige and it matches my skin tone so close that it is really hard to tell that I am wearing them at all.

As far as sizing, I too would normally go a size up but with this brand, I buy a Medium. I'm 5'7 1/2" and around 140 lbs- size 8 pants. So it is pretty true to the chart. I am also not built like a 14 yr old boy, I have hips and curves and they fit fine. They also come in a sheer black which I love also. For whatever reason, I can only seem to find them at Target. They are around $10 a pair, wear well and are worth it.

On a totally different note, if it is a romantic evening I will wear the thigh-high with a garter. Victoria's Secret brand not my Granny's version. There is nothing UN-sexier that having your man trying to tug-off the pull-up-to-the-waist version...... but ladies, the thigh-high with the Victoria's Secret garter will put you in a very winning position. No pun intended..... they are just all that and a bag of chips.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Disagree. I always dress to the dress code. ALWAYS. I also don't wear pantyhose/nylons/thigh highs/whatever, with the exception of tights in the winter.

Ditto!:D

Flagrl4Evr: "they are just all that and a bag of chips." LOL! I haven't heard that saying in ages.

Edited by mousey

I wore thigh highs once and, as I was crossing the Centrum on Monarch of the Seas, felt them giving way. I made it to the ladies' room before they were bunched around my ankles, threw them in the trash and never looked back.

My panty hose and stockings are now aquarium filter tools.

i wore thigh highs once and, as i was crossing the centrum on monarch of the seas, felt them giving way. I made it to the ladies' room before they were bunched around my ankles, threw them in the trash and never looked back.

My panty hose and stockings are now aquarium filter tools.

lol!

I guess I've been lucky.. I have long thin legs and the thigh highs seem to never slip and slide like the old knee hi's did.. the tops are wider and seem to have a stickey (well, not really stickey but something that seems to adhere to your leg)....

I remember when i wore knee hi's under long pants and they would always end up down around my ankels... lol

If you want to wear them, wear them! I'm 25 and don't normally wear hose/tights but I prefer to wear nude hose (not black--I don't like the look of sheer black hose) during job interviews.

That's what pants are for. ;)

I'm not a huge fan of pantsuits on myself. I wear them every once in a while but prefer skirts if I have to wear a suit. To each her own :)

In my field, skirts are highly impractical. I think my colleagues have seen me in a skirt or dress twice, both times at industry banquets, not in the field. I also have to wear flat or lower heel closed toe shoes, as part of my job entails working with large commercial vehicles after serious collisions where there can be a lot of broken glass and twisted metal/fiberglass/general debris I need to pass through. At least I don't have to wear safety boots and a hard hat.

Maybe that's why I love wearing casual skirts and dresses when I'm not at work and just out and about. :)

In my field, skirts are highly impractical. I think my colleagues have seen me in a skirt or dress twice, both times at industry banquets, not in the field. I also have to wear flat or lower heel closed toe shoes, as part of my job entails working with large commercial vehicles after serious collisions where there can be a lot of broken glass and twisted metal/fiberglass/general debris I need to pass through. At least I don't have to wear safety boots and a hard hat.

Maybe that's why I love wearing casual skirts and dresses when I'm not at work and just out and about. :)

It's always nice to get a break from what you normally have to wear everyday! I'm still 5 months away from my cruise and am constantly fighting off the urge to go shopping! :D