Making Payments

VM_Mom

We have always paid for our cruise up front or provided a credit card to be charged on the "final payment" date. I thought I remember seeing comments about making payments (a little at a time).

Does Carnival accept this type of arrangement? Where do you send payments? I have been all over their website and cannot find anything.

We are booking our next cruise way in advance and I just thought this would be a way to pay for it without even missing the $ (very much) :D Thanks!

We have always paid for our cruise up front or provided a credit card to be charged on the "final payment" date. I thought I remember seeing comments about making payments (a little at a time).

Does Carnival accept this type of arrangement? Where do you send payments? I have been all over their website and cannot find anything.

We are booking our next cruise way in advance and I just thought this would be a way to pay for it without even missing the $ (very much) :D Thanks!

If you book with Carnival, you login, click on manage my booking. make a payment. If you book with a TA, you need to pay thru them. Mail payments???? People still do that?

Edited by Thestapels

Just make sure if you only want to make a small payment then you select that line. I know it can be easy to accidentally select the "pay the full balance" option.

Good advice, "Pay the full Balance" is option it "defaults" to. Found out the hard way :eek:

I just call or e-mail my TA, tell her how much i want to pay, and i'll get a confirmation from her that it was done within a few hours. very easy. painless.

If you book with a Carnival PVP, can you call them to make the payments? Or will they only accept the deposit and then payment in full? I'd much prefer to speak directly to someone to make the payments, vs. making them online.

We also always pay in payments online. I always use a prepaid credit card to just pay into my account. I can pay into whichever cruise I want. Then at the end, I pay the insurance. I'm scared of using my own credit card online so I have a prepaid credit. Ard from Walmart. You can load the card from your payroll then pay your carnival account. I use it for airfare, hotels, rental cars etc.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14

When you are booking your cruise, once you get to the end, there is an option to pay the deposit now and then make payments, or pay in full. You won't see this until you get to the end. You can pay whatever you want as long as it's paid off 60 days in before you set sail (there will be a final payment date listed).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by nursepixie

Don't pay in full until you must. Always keep controll of your money.

That use to be true when you could actually make money by having your money in a savings account. Now $2000 in a savings account will get you 20 cents a month of interest if you're lucky.

Some people would rather have it paid off and not have to worry about it rather than worry about making $2.40 in interest for a year.

I used to save enough for a cruise then pay for the whole thing at once. Now I like to book well in advance, get the room we warn, and pay it down over the year. If you book through the line you'll find payment options in your Cruise Manager. Just make sure if you only want to make a small payment then you select that line. I know it can be easy to accidentally select the "pay the full balance" option.

I did this by accident last year, and called to let them know that I anted to make a payment for a smaller amount. The credit back my cc within 3 business days.

I used to save enough for a cruise then pay for the whole thing at once. Now I like to book well in advance, get the room we warn, and pay it down over the year. If you book through the line you'll find payment options in your Cruise Manager. Just make sure if you only want to make a small payment then you select that line. I know it can be easy to accidentally select the "pay the full balance" option.

We do the same thing! I wait until they offer those reduced deposit sale's. We booked our Valor cruise for $100 and got the room we wanted.

Right now we are putting money towards our princess cruise in 5 weeks. When we get back will start working on the valor