Luggage tags and last minute cabin change

Can I use my old luggage tags and just cross off the room number or how do I get new tags? Sorry is this has been asked the search isn't working

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

If it truly is last minute, then re-print your set sail pass with the new stateroom (you have to do that anyway) and just get the new luggage tags at the pier.

You can call RC and have them re-issued, but there is time on hold..and they've been sort of busy lately. :D Some folks get creative and use Photoshop or a Sharpie to change the cabin number.

But really, it is simple and quick to just get new tags from the porters and go on to enjoy your cruise. Have a great time! :)

Edited by Coralc

Can I use my old luggage tags and just cross off the room number or how do I get new tags? Sorry is this has been asked the search isn't working

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I do not know if this has changed but when I got an upgrade my cruise documents changed as well a day later just go to page 31 I believe and print up new ones .dependent of course how last minutes is at least 5 days before cruising date . good luck and happy cruising

More often than not, when a last minute change is made, the documents come through but the luggage tag number does not. You can ask the RCI rep to push through the documents again. This often works.

I'm one who prefers to have my tags all printed up in color myself. I have arrived at the pier sometimes and not found a porter to take the bags right away, or feel their handwriting to be questionable. So if I can get it done ahead of time myself I do try and do that.

I've printed up new cabin numbers and placed over the old numbers and put an X in the new quadrant and have always gotten my bag.

While most are saying to either print new luggage tags or get new ones from the porter at the pier - I can tell you I have crossed out my old info and wrote in the new - it was a GS to a GS just a different cabin/location - so don't know if that matters - but didn't have any issues at all - got my luggage in a very timely manner.

We had a cabin change that we were not aware of as we had left the UK 10 days before our cruise...needless to say we dropped our luggage off and then found out about the cabin change!!!!!

We finally had to go to the other side of the ship to hunt our bags down ourselves. We were very unimpressed in how it was handled as we had asked numerous times after not receiving our luggage, that someone check it had not been sent to the original cabin and we were assured it had not!!

As I'm disabled it was hard for my husband to drag our cases round one at a time from the other side of the ship. The luggage porters were very unhelpful and did not really speak English.

This didn't spoil our cruise but did make us think how slap-dash some of the service was when we normally find service in the US pretty good.

M

I've printed up new cabin numbers and placed over the old numbers and put an X in the new quadrant and have always gotten my bag.

I do this, being OCD I don't like to leave it to the porters. Their tags are all the same color anyways...and we just did a day before the cruise booking on Navi a couple weeks ago.....I had to wait for the porter couldn't even check in online....and he took a light year to sit, yes, he sat and filled out the tags...steam:mad:....I should've done it myself as he had to cross out the number on one bag and rewrite it and that is the one that didn't come until after dinner!! Trying to be patient and considerate...next time I'll just take the tag from them and write it myself.

But if you have a tag and can copy/paste and tape over the old number, I say use your computer and print out the new number, saves time.