NCL lost my cruise history

numberguy

Sigh.

Looked at my account on the NCL website. I'm listed as "past guest" with no history. Sent the notification to them to fix it. I'm not worried, I'm not concerned. If it's not fixed by the time I leave for my next cruise in September, though, someone's getting an earful...

--Michael

Good luck. I am still trying to get my situation worked out. My husband and I have ALWAYS cruised together. Somehow, NCL doesn't see it that way as I am listed in one Lattitudes category and my husband is in another. Have tried for a year to get it fixed and still no luck. I have given up.

Years ago (1980s), my wife cruised on the "old" NCL. She did 2 cruises for 11 days total. When she joined Latitudes in 2004, she wrote to them and included proof of those cruises. She received full credit. Around 2 years ago, there was some Latitudes activity for us (maybe for everyone - not sure) which resulted in her losing the credit. We are currently waiting for a response from Latitudes looking to restate the credit. We submitted the request along with proof about 6 weeks ago. Still no answer. We leave on a cruise in about 2 weeks. The extra would put us in "gold". Oh well!!

I was also listed as a "past guest" even though I had been on the same cruises as my "bronze" husband. It's easy to fix though. I just had to set up my own latitudes account online. once I had my own latitudes account it only took about one day to be a "bronze" guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My DH somehow had 2 different latitudes a/c #'s. I thought the proper 1 was the # right after mine. I booked a cruise a week ago for next Sun on the Epic. Out of the blue they decided to merge the 2 accounts. Well that's all fine and dandy but they got his name wrong. :eek: I was afraid we'd have problems with their computer saying 1 thing and his passport & ticket saying another, that he'd have problems getting on the ship on 3/2. The 1st call I made, I was transferred and then hung up on. The 2nd time, I was on hold, then transferred, then on hold, then transferred to someone else, then on hold again. but in the end, it got taken care...or so I saw on his latitudes a/c on line. Going to keep my fingers crossed & hope for the best ;).

Sigh.

Looked at my account on the NCL website. I'm listed as "past guest" with no history. Sent the notification to them to fix it. I'm not worried, I'm not concerned. If it's not fixed by the time I leave for my next cruise in September, though, someone's getting an earful...

--Michael

My wife and I have both lost are silver status. It's ridiculous. I have called NCL three times. First time rep said they would send Latitudes dept an email on our behalf to reinstate us and it would take a week. Two weeks went by and nothing was corrected so I called again. This time the rep again said they would email the Latitudes dept and a fix would happen in two business days. After a week nothing still. So I called the third time. The third rep said it would be better for me to email the Latitudes dept my self and provide all our past cruise history and include our invoices. It's been another two weeks and still have zero points. This all started on 1/2/14. I am basically ready to cancel our Sun cruise for November as this is terrible customer service that shouldn't take this long to fix nor should they be ignoring their customers. They screwed things up not us. We just don't know what else to do. Anybody have any suggestions?

I have posted this on a few other threads. This is contact info for NCL execs from Christopher Elliot's consumer advocate page. He recommends working from the bottom up to try and get problems figured out when you are getting no where with the normal customer service rep's. E-mails are always the best bet as they leave a trail.

http://elliott.org/contacts/norwegian/

Seems like getting credit for past cruises should be an easy fix. Maybe the higher up's don't ever know there is a problem

Are you emailing latclerical@ncl.com?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am going to my cruise history and there's a link at the bottom that says:

Don't see a past reservation? Report a missing cruise

That's how I did it last time one of our cruises were missing and got a pretty quick response (within about 5-6 weeks). This time it's been a good 3-4 months. :eek:

I am going to my cruise history and there's a link at the bottom that says:

Don't see a past reservation? Report a missing cruise

That's how I did it last time one of our cruises were missing and got a pretty quick response (within about 5-6 weeks). This time it's been a good 3-4 months. :eek:

The email I posted I who I contacted directly about a discrepancy and also who I email for ship pins I was missing and had both with in 2 weeks. That email was given from someone at NCL via their Facebook page.

The email I posted I who I contacted directly about a discrepancy and also who I email for ship pins I was missing and had both with in 2 weeks. That email was given from someone at NCL via their Facebook page.

I'll give it a shot some time tomorrow. Thanks for the link.

Meanwhile, I went to click on the link I was referring to and got this message (I THOUGHT IT WAS HILARIOUS AND VERY APPROPRIATE). :p :eek: :D

vacation_zps23334924.jpg

Yes, that's what the two NCL reps said they were emailing to on our behalf as well as the address I used to send my own email and backup docs. Maybe it is time to climb the ladder to see if I can get this cleared up.

They might have said they did it but didn't. Do it yourself. It will take a few months. It is not high priority when so many people email them. It took us three to four months.

Sigh.

--Michael

They lost part of mine too. I plan to just go to the Attitudes, em...I mean Lattitudes desk once I board. According to them, I have only cruised with them 2 x inside cabins. I still have my old tickets in a photo album, so I am taking those with me to show them where it says "Category: xyz Suite".

They also have my middle initial on my cruise docs as a lower case L. It looks like an "i". :rolleyes: People who don't do their jobs properly, irk me. Too many people out there dying for a job, and who would love to do a good job of it...ridiculous.

Sigh.

--Michael

I would give latitude a call, we had to do that. What they need is some proof of your sailing, a picture, an old receipt, something. In our case they excepted the names of our wait staff (olden days, with assigned seating) Rather than wait and raise HEll I would talk to them, not just email them. Good luck, we had no problems getting everything straight.

I had excellent results adding 2 cruises to my history, I gave them the ship and dates. I sent them some old paperwork from the cruise, on-board dailies, whatever I had. It took a few weeks but I was credited for the cruises. Net-net I was very happy with the Latitudes staff.

Edited by figment9999

• 2 months later...

They lost my entire cruise history about twelve cruises . I called guest relations and no result . How can a cruise line lose your whole history of cruises . A lot of them were in the late 80's and nineties and a few since then . I still had my old latitude card so I guess I should search through old albums for proof of the cruises .

Edited by Sailor_Sally

Years ago (1980s), my wife cruised on the "old" NCL. She did 2 cruises for 11 days total. When she joined Latitudes in 2004, she wrote to them and included proof of those cruises. She received full credit. Around 2 years ago, there was some Latitudes activity for us (maybe for everyone - not sure) which resulted in her losing the credit. We are currently waiting for a response from Latitudes looking to restate the credit. We submitted the request along with proof about 6 weeks ago. Still no answer. We leave on a cruise in about 2 weeks. The extra would put us in "gold". Oh well!!

I also had past cruises from long ago. I was told when they 'restructured' the plan, everyone started out as bronze. I currently have 19 points, right on the cusp of Silver. I am going on my third 'current' NCL cruise in September & won't hit Silver until AFTER the points post. Sort of frustrating. I had to write them many times in the beginning to get my accounts merged. Not nice.