Blu for Suites?

ctmama4

From what I've read here, am I correct that it costs $5 per person for suite guests to dine at Blu? And it's on a space available basis? Does that seem strange since suites pay so much more and have so many other perks that this isn't included?

Thanks for any clarification.

On our B2B on the Summit this January our Sky Suite accommodation got us into Blu every time we wanted to dine there and we were charged only for the first three times :confused: and never after that. Not sure what that was all about, but that's what happened.

Loved Blu so much we changed our upcoming reservations from C3 to AQ :p

Edited by A Sixth?

Haven't had to pay in several years but we did happily, before they stopped charging. Never had a problem and never at all felt like we were keeping an AQ person from a table. Perhaps we eat at non-peak times. But we love Blu and when we are in a suite it's where we eat. And if we aren't in a suite we book AQ for Blu. It'll be 8 months till we sail again but that's where we'll be. Except the first night. It's our tradition to always do a specialty the first night.

I can only address the M class ships.

There is no charge for suite passengers in Blu, and it is on a space available basis. It seems that it is easier to dine on the M class than on the S class as reported on Cruise Critic.

Suites come with amenities that Aqua and lower class cabins do not have....space for one, walk in closets, butlers, some extra specialty restaurant perks and the list goes on and on. And you can dine in Blu if you plan it right. Cabin selection is based on much more than where you dine. Don't forget you can almost always have breakfast in Blu.

In spring of 2015 suites will have their own restaurant. Blu was built for Aqua Class, not suites. Suite guests may dine there when space is available (always during breakfast, often is during dinner but not guaranteed to be). The $5 fee has not been in place for a couple years, but it is suggested to leave that amount as gratuity when suite guests have dinner at Blu.

..... Blu was built for Aqua Class, not suites. Suite guests may dine there when space is available (always during breakfast, often is during dinner but not guaranteed to be). The $5 fee has not been in place for a couple years, but it is suggested to leave that amount as gratuity when suite guests have dinner at Blu.

Actually, on the Equinox in 2013 there was at least one sailing on which suite guests were charged the $5.00 fee.

Actually, on the Equinox in 2013 there was at least one sailing on which suite guests were charged the $5.00 fee.

True. It was a guy named Kevin from our roll call, and he did the TA sailing and was charged the $5.

Just off of Eclipse. We stopped by Blu to inquire about giving them a try for dinner and was told that we were welcome to come anytime. We ate in Blu twice for breakfast and dinner once. We were not ever asked to pay the fee. This was our very 1st Blu experience and we wanted to try it to see if we might be future Aqua bookers - the answer is no.

I wish I'd asked why we were charged for the first three nights but I was just so pleased with the whole Blu experience I didn't. And when I say "charged" it was an official Celebrity printed note that came in leather billing fold basically requesting a gratuity (I can't remember the exact wording). We dined Blu every night save four on our fourteen nights aboard the Summit.

This was the first week of January of this year, and we were in a Sky.

BTW we were so happy we left a extra tip of the recommended amount and some anyway at the end of the cruise for the Blu crew!

Edited by A Sixth?

In spring of 2015 suites will have their own restaurant. Blu was built for Aqua Class, not suites. Suite guests may dine there when space is available (always during breakfast, often is during dinner but not guaranteed to be). The $5 fee has not been in place for a couple years, but it is suggested to leave that amount as gratuity when suite guests have dinner at Blu.

The new suite resteraunt is only for Royal suites and higher. That still leaves a big gap between Aqua & Royal (inc all the Sky & Celebrity suites).

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

The new suite resteraunt is only for Royal suites and higher. That still leaves a big gap between Aqua & Royal (inc all the Sky & Celebrity suites).

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Restaurant is for all suites,only Michael's Club for Zeniths and Celebrity suites and above:confused:

Just off of Eclipse. We stopped by Blu to inquire about giving them a try for dinner and was told that we were welcome to come anytime. We ate in Blu twice for breakfast and dinner once. We were not ever asked to pay the fee. This was our very 1st Blu experience and we wanted to try it to see if we might be future Aqua bookers - the answer is no.

yeah, we also did not see the big deal over Blu either...

All of this is interesting because on some ships, notably Reflection, there have been several reports of waits and crowded ambiance for Blu. We are a little concerned because we're in AQ in May on Reflection, and hope to enjoy it as much as we did on our Eclipse cruise. Sort of hope the suite guests won't be pushing us out, since we understood the main focus of Blu was for AQ guests.

I was a little put out by the OP's comments. Blu is a perc for AQ staterooms, but suite guests are welcome, as space permits, and may (or may not) be subject to a minimal surcharge. OP's point seemed to be that since suite guests paid so much more they should be entitled to every possible perc on the ship.

Maybe they should have the option of using any stateroom's bathroom at their convenience. I am afraid I'm seeing a group of X cruisers who seem to delight in informing everyone of their Elite or Elite + status. And I am concerned that X's move to more private areas for "Elites" and above and/or suite guests will lead to a 3 class system. Suite guests who get 1 ship, Elites who will get another and those of us (the majority) who are neither and will be relegated to the bowels of the ship and will see sunlight when we are allowed out on port days.

I was a little put out by the OP's comments. Blu is a perc for AQ staterooms, but suite guests are welcome, as space permits, and may (or may not) be subject to a minimal surcharge. OP's point seemed to be that since suite guests paid so much more they should be entitled to every possible perc on the ship.

Maybe they should have the option of using any stateroom's bathroom at their convenience. I am afraid I'm seeing a group of X cruisers who seem to delight in informing everyone of their Elite or Elite + status. And I am concerned that X's move to more private areas for "Elites" and above and/or suite guests will lead to a 3 class system. Suite guests who get 1 ship, Elites who will get another and those of us (the majority) who are neither and will be relegated to the bowels of the ship and will see sunlight when we are allowed out on port days.

Come on enjoy the experience, those young folks treat us all

like royalty no matter what cabin we are in,

Well that's my experience anyway,

A big thank you from me to all those who make every vacation

one to remember.

Edited by swigso

I wouldn't be put off, occasionally this comes up on the board. Usually when you explain that Blu was not set up based on how much you pay but for the whole Spa concept the posters understand.

All of this is interesting because on some ships, notably Reflection, there have been several reports of waits and crowded ambiance for Blu. We are a little concerned because we're in AQ in May on Reflection, and hope to enjoy it as much as we did on our Eclipse cruise. Sort of hope the suite guests won't be pushing us out, since we understood the main focus of Blu was for AQ guests.

We were on Reflection over New Year and never had a problem getting into Blu. I do think it also depends on the makeup of the guests and the time you prefer to dine. On our cruise they were mostly European who tend to eat a little later and we tend to eat early.