Set Sail Pass/ Luggage Tags

We just printed out our set sail pass. They included a sample luggage tag with it. It says that is is not a real luggage tag, but to make sure we attach luggage tags to all of our luggage. Is it ok to copy and laminate the sample tag and attach it to our suitcases? Our last cruise was 10 years ago and things were very different. I want to make sure that I do it correctly and that my luggage does not get lost. Thanks for any advice.

We just printed out our set sail pass. They included a sample luggage tag with it. It says that is is not a real luggage tag, but to make sure we attach luggage tags to all of our luggage. Is it ok to copy and laminate the sample tag and attach it to our suitcases? Our last cruise was 10 years ago and things were very different. I want to make sure that I do it correctly and that my luggage does not get lost. Thanks for any advice.

The full size color tags should be in your cruise documents. Around page 10-15

or so. Just pull them up and page through them until you find it. You can print

those out (preferred). One time I just did the little ones on page three of set

sail pass, because I upgraded at the last minute and they did not update my

new cabin on my cruise docs. Both will work just fine.

And if all else fails...the porters are quick to give you tags also.

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

When the boarding pass is available to print, about 45 days prior to the cruise I think, the last page will have a full size luggage tag to print. Be sure to either laminate it, cover with clear packing tape, or place in a clear luggage tag holder to be sure it will hold up well.

A friendly hint here.

When you attach it, whether you choose to laminate or tape over I always find it best to staple at the bottom and also right at the top by the handle you are attaching it too. That way there are no big gaps that can be caught on something and accidentally tear it off.

I then put clear tape wrapping round over the staples.

I know this might sound like overkill but this way it is firm, the cabin number is easily viewable and I am protecting handlers hands from the edges of the staples.

Why do people worry so much about luggage tags? When you arrive at the terminal the luggage people will have the labels which you only need to write your name and stateroom number on which takes no time and they are far more robust than any "home made" ones.

Why do people worry so much about luggage tags? When you arrive at the terminal the luggage people will have the labels which you only need to write your name and stateroom number on which takes no time and they are far more robust than any "home made" ones.

Our experience has been that the ones attached by the porters can fall off just as easily as the home made ones.

However, if you insert your printed luggage tag in one of these

luggagetag_holder.jpg

and attached to your luggage prior to arriving at the port, it will never get dislodged. We also use them to put our debarkation tags in and our luggage has always been where it's supposed to be in the terminal.:D

Our experience has been that the ones attached by the porters can fall off just as easily as the home made ones.

However, if you insert your printed luggage tag in one of these

luggagetag_holder.jpg

and attached to your luggage prior to arriving at the port, it will never get dislodged. We also use them to put our debarkation tags in and our luggage has always been where it's supposed to be in the terminal.:D

I have these and I really like them! Just wish they made a lanyard for carrying about my setsail pass.

My "homemade" ones are laminated and look so good the porters have even complimented me! I look forward to making my luggage tags--just makes it seem that much more real and definitely closer. And, they are definitely a lot stronger than the ones from the porters.