Getaway/Breakaway S9 Haven Spa Suites: a couple of questions

joeski27

• 3 weeks later...
I had 14728 Starboard side in December. No noise from above.

We are going on Getaway in April in the Haven S9 Spa category. I sometimes get queazy if sailing is less than smooth and would like to figure out which way the bed orients. I'm weird about this, but really want to figure out which starboard cabins (14728, 14730, 14732, 14734, 14736, 14738, 14740, and 14742) are oriented so that if laying on the bed, the right would be next to the whirlpool and balcony and the left would be next to the bathroom? If you have a picture of 14728, that would be great. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Moving this up, as there still seems to be some questions unanswered from a few people. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

One other Haven question, are there umbrellas by the Haven pool area or sun deck?

Moving this up, as there still seems to be some questions unanswered from a few people. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

One other Haven question, are there umbrellas by the Haven pool area or sun deck?

I saw a posting a few weeks ago that linked to Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam where you can see the Haven on the Breakaway; it’s the brown loungers at the front of the ship. While my understanding is that the Getaway doesn’t have the moving roof over the Haven Courtyard, my guess is that the sundeck is essentially the same. As you can see, there really aren’t umbrellas, and there are a limited number of 2-person cabana loungers to provide relief from the sun.

Joeski27....

How did you find the suite life on your March 1st Getaway cruise?

We so want to hear about it!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

He hasn't been on CC since...

We’re confused about the required onboard gratuities. Based on similar charges on other lines, we’re assuming 2/3 of this is split between the Head, Server, and Assistant in the MDRs. Are the specialty restaurant servers included in this fee? We’ve read that getting the gratuities adjusted can be a pain on NCL, but it is unreasonable to charge us for Main Dining Room service we don’t receive. We’d actually prefer tipping in cash as we go so we can recognize the right people.

Looking forward to reading your review since you were loving your balcony on the Breakaway when you booked but came back posting about your miserable time with your ankle and cold weather. Look forward to hearing about the Haven and your vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
We’re confused about the required onboard gratuities. Based on similar charges on other lines, we’re assuming 2/3 of this is split between the Head, Server, and Assistant in the MDRs. Are the specialty restaurant servers included in this fee? We’ve read that getting the gratuities adjusted can be a pain on NCL, but it is unreasonable to charge us for Main Dining Room service we don’t receive. We’d actually prefer tipping in cash as we go so we can recognize the right people.

NCL's system is not comparable to other lines because there are no assigned tables or servers anywhere. All restaurant staff are alike and they do rotate between restaurants, complimentary or not - so no matter where you eat, your waiting staff is covered by your service charge. You can of course tip specific individuals if they go above and beyond but the base service is covered by the programs funded by the service charge.

Decided to give this a little bump since we're sailing in an H9 HAven Suite #14142 in about two months for our honeymoon.

I gave an answer specific to 14142 above... that's where we were in January for 12 days.

It is a jetted tub. In theory quite nice, but we barely used it since we found it took about 40 minutes to fill it!

Hope you won't think my next question is silly, but if it takes 40 minutes to fill it, will the water still be hot. (Some of you may be laughing at this question) but at home we run out quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be in Breakaways spa Haven 14738 leaving tomorrow. I read the treadmills were directly above and I'm a bit nervous it will take away from the spa ambiance. I'll be sure to come back and post my experience! We are pretty easy going, but when you pay extra for the luxury, I have higher expectations. One would think they would take these factors into consideration when planning the ship layout. We shall see!! Bon voyage!!!

NCL Gem Aug 9th 2014- Bahamas

NCL Breakaway May 4th 2014- Bermuda

CCL Fantasy Nov 2013- Bahamas

NCL Dawn Oct 2011- Bermuda

Hope you won't think my next question is silly, but if it takes 40 minutes to fill it, will the water still be hot. (Some of you may be laughing at this question) but at home we run out quickly.

We're back from a Getaway Haven Spa stateroom just over a week ago. I used the jetted tub all but one night. It did take awhile to fill up (I'd say 20 minutes), but by starting to fill the tub with all hot water and then moving the faucet to warm water about halfway through, it's a comfortably warm bath. I would start the fill, brush my teeth, get out any tickets or reservation confirmations we needed for the next day, then go back to move the faucet temperature, then set out clothes for the morning, and it would be time to enjoy! What an enjoyable luxury at sea!

We're back from a Getaway Haven Spa stateroom just over a week ago. I used the jetted tub all but one night. It did take awhile to fill up (I'd say 20 minutes), but by starting to fill the tub with all hot water and then moving the faucet to warm water about halfway through, it's a comfortably warm bath. I would start the fill, brush my teeth, get out any tickets or reservation confirmations we needed for the next day, then go back to move the faucet temperature, then set out clothes for the morning, and it would be time to enjoy! What an enjoyable luxury at sea!

Could you tell me what route you took to enter the Spa facilities from these Spa Suites? Is there a back door or do we have to go to the main lobby and sign in like everyone else?

I'll be in Breakaways spa Haven 14738 leaving tomorrow. I read the treadmills were directly above and I'm a bit nervous it will take away from the spa ambiance. I'll be sure to come back and post my experience! We are pretty easy going, but when you pay extra for the luxury, I have higher expectations. One would think they would take these factors into consideration when planning the ship layout. We shall see!! Bon voyage!!!

We're just back from a Getaway Haven Spa stateroom a little over a week ago. We were in 14732, which we think was partially below the treadmills and partially below the salon. We heard some repetitive pounding noises around 8AM for about an hour on 2 mornings, but it wasn't too loud; more vibrating. We think someone must have been either running hard on the treadmill or bouncing an exercise ball. We'd be curious to hear if you have any noise problems so we know whether to consider your number on future bookings on the Breakaway./Getaway.

One more questions, on the deck plan for deck 14 it says spa. What part of the spa are they referring to?

The spa is not really accessible from Deck 14; that area is the waiting and treatment rooms that you go do to after checking in for an appointment at the desk on Deck 15.

Could you tell me what route you took to enter the Spa facilities from these Spa Suites? Is there a back door or do we have to go to the main lobby and sign in like everyone else?

There is an access door on Deck 15 to/from Haven to/from the Spa, but you have to know where it is; you'll see getting around the levels in Haven is a bit convoluted. So, from the stateroom, it is actually easier to just walk up a deck and go to Spa lobby. Either way, you have to check in with the Receptionist to get buzzed through for access to the Thermal Suite. It does get annoying if you go frequently, and NCL could probably just program the keycard for the access. But, at least for now, even if other people are checking in for treatments, there is usually very little wait (especially if you just stand on the side where they collect your keycard and give you the locker key before opening the door to get in), as there are usually a handful of spa staff at the desk.

There is an access door on Deck 15 to/from Haven to/from the Spa, but you have to know where it is; you'll see getting around the levels in Haven is a bit convoluted. So, from the stateroom, it is actually easier to just walk up a deck and go to Spa lobby. Either way, you have to check in with the Receptionist to get buzzed through for access to the Thermal Suite. It does get annoying if you go frequently, and NCL could probably just program the keycard for the access. But, at least for now, even if other people are checking in for treatments, there is usually very little wait (especially if you just stand on the side where they collect your keycard and give you the locker key before opening the door to get in), as there are usually a handful of spa staff at the desk.

I agree with being annoyed by waiting for them to take your key card and give you a locker key to enter thermal suite. We are onboard now and are having an awesome time. I'm in 14728...never heard any noise from above (and I'm a light sleeper so I hear everything!!) Only used spa tub once but it didn't take to long to fill and was plenty warm. Enjoy your trip. The Haven and spa are totally worth the extra cost.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

I just got off the Breakaway yesterday. I was in the Spa Haven 14738. I was worried about complaints from the treadmills above us, but only noticed it once, and it was such a slight, soft, rhythmic noise, it didn't bother us in the slightest. What did somewhat bother me was the housekeeping cart consistently in between my and the neighbor's doors! The vacuum was typically on the other side of my door. It was annoying, but I didn't bother complaining to my steward, as Ronald was beyond amazing. I know if I had said anything, he most likely would have found another home for it. As far as any noise issues, I have zero to report! I has the most amazing time! I wish I could steal some of those crew to bring on the Gem with me!

NCL Gem Aug 9th 2014- Bahamas

NCL Breakaway May 4th 2014- Bermuda

CCL Fantasy Nov 2013- Bahamas

NCL Dawn Oct 2011- Bermuda

We got off the Getaway on May 3rd and we were in cabin 14132. It only took about 15 minutes to fill up the tub and the water was very hot (just the way I like it). I found the tub water to be hotter then the shower.

We found the cabin to be very quiet and peaceful and never heard any noise. The pull back curtain was a nice addition when one of us was still resting so that the other could answer the door.

I have been looking into this type of cabin again on the Escape. I thought I read somewhere that the H9 cabins on the Escape will sleep 3 instead of 2. Has anybody else heard that?

We got off the Getaway on May 3rd and we were in cabin 14132. It only took about 15 minutes to fill up the tub and the water was very hot (just the way I like it). I found the tub water to be hotter then the shower.

We found the cabin to be very quiet and peaceful and never heard any noise. The pull back curtain was a nice addition when one of us was still resting so that the other could answer the door.

I have been looking into this type of cabin again on the Escape. I thought I read somewhere that the H9 cabins on the Escape will sleep 3 instead of 2. Has anybody else heard that?

Only one will sleep 3 so book early if you want it.

• 3 weeks later...