Does Chef's Table accomodate special diets?

lukydog

We are sailing on the Breeze in September and would like to try the Chef's Table. My husband has Celiac disease & must eat a gluten-free diet and if I eat raw fish I will be praying to the porcelain God later that night. Anyone that has done the Chef's table, could you tell me if they ask about food allergies and would accommodate guests who have special diets? Also, am I correct that you can sign up ahead of time by emailing the steakhouse?

They do ask. I'm also Celiac. Unfortunately, I did the Chef's table many times before being diagnosed a few years ago so I never experienced it. But I do remember them asking us the night before when the chef visited our table. I'm not sure they still do that however, and I know they don't if you have anytime dining. In that case, you'd need to speak to the Maître 'd.

Yes, my DH has a shellfish allergy and the chef met with us at dinner the night before to go over any allergies and they were very careful even to the point of inquiring about any seafood dishes just to be safe.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Edited by CatlinSTJ

Someone called our room and asked us if we had any special needs for the chefs table. We didn't so I can't comment on how they handled it but I have read others' comments that they accommodated their needs well.

Edited by LadyDAC

I did this on the Pride last year. The maître d came to our dinner table the night before to inquire about allergies and restrictions. That was good, but it was supposed to be a surprise for my fiancé. That blew it out of the water.

But since fiancé has food allergies, it worked out in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Rogueperson

Celiac here. I've done chefs table twice both times on Pride. Maitre d and chef have never come to my table to confirm allergies. I have always confirmed in the steakhouse when reserving chefs table.

The chef makes special appetizers for me to try in the galley. I get my own special bread at dinner (the second time the bread wasn't very good but I think what he was trying to do just wasn't working lol). Any of the other dishes are made gluten free if need be.

I recommend it! I don't get to eat out much with celiac and the chefs table is definitely an awesome experience. Go hungry though!!:eek:

My wife, 2 kids and I did the chef table on the Pride last year. I emailed maitre d about 3 weeks prior to leaving. I have a shellfish allergy and my wife is vegan. Chef made 2 separate menus for us from appetizers in the kitchen to the full meal at the table. He actually stated that he enjoyed the challenge of a vegan meal. By the way the food was fantastic on all accounts.

Here is the right email addy , I just used it this past week , send your chef's table request with the names of the people you want to go ,your booking # and cabin # as well as the sail date . I got an email confirmation within 24 hrs.

brsteakhouse@carnival.com

Thank you! Decided we'd really like to try this so emailed as above on Tuesday. It's been almost 48 hours & haven't received a confirmation yet :(. It's hard to be patient!:)

We did get a visit from the chef a couple nights before. This was on Dream and we had any time dining. My husband said he doesn't eat raw fish an d the chef joked with him he needed to be more adventurous but when it came to the raw fish course he got chicken in his instead of fish. They will definitely accommodate any special needs you might have.

We have done the chef's table twice. My mom is gluten free and they have always accommodated her. I have also noticed other allergies that they have accommodated. You should be fine. They were very good at contacting her before hand and making sure she had a good experience too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk