Enough time?

N747KT

Flying in from Boston on the 9th of march in Miami around 1:00 for a cruise on epic. Sail away is at 4:00 pm. I have a Ncl transfer from the airport to the ship . Will I have enough time to check in and board? I don't want to be late!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I think they stop boarding something like 2 hours before the ship departs.

Deadline for checking-in is 2 hours before if the passengers hasn't completed online check-in and 1 hour before if they have.

To OP: I would never, ever take that kind of flight. Even arriving in the morning is risky enough, not to mention any flights arriving afternoon.

Edited by Demonyte

Hope your flight isn't delayed or otherwise screwed.

Wouldn't catch me doing that.

All guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Which leaves you one hour to get off the plane, get your crap, get to the pier, get checked in and get on the ship.

Sound good?

Remember, it doesn't say guests should be running through the terminal doors 2 hours before sailing... it says:

"Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing."

Edited by triptolemus

I think it may be a problem my travel agent booked this flight. Seems very tight for time . Now I'm very worried. Getting married the day before so couldn't ravel on that day! Good grief now what???

I think it may be a problem my travel agent booked this flight. Seems very tight for time . Now I'm very worried. Getting married the day before so couldn't ravel on that day! Good grief now what???

Get in touch with your travel agent and find out what your options are about changing the time of your flight to the earliest available that morning. The change fees may be high, but better to pay up than to miss the cruise.

Flying in from Boston on the 9th of march in Miami around 1:00 for a cruise on epic. Sail away is at 4:00 pm. I have a Ncl transfer from the airport to the ship . Will I have enough time to check in and board? I don't want to be late!!

The secret is to keep in touch with NCL, especially as you have a transfer with them. The 2 hour thing is so that 95% of passengers are processed, and there is always scope for late boarding but they need to know about you for customs purposes!

I agree with the advice given by others, change to the earliest flight possible.

better change them: yes, you might be able to do it, but you will be frazzled by the time you get to the ship. If you don't want to come in a day early, then I would suggest you get a flight that will get you into FL no later than about 11am.

Best to fly in the DAY BEFORE ... or 2!

From the OP

Originally Posted by N747KT

I think it may be a problem my travel agent booked this flight. Seems very tight for time . Now I'm very worried. Getting married the day before so couldn't travel on that day! Good grief now what???

The OP understands it would be better to fly in the day before.

So they should cancel the wedding to ensure less worries for a cruise?~?~?~?:confused:

Good luck to the OP...

Hopefully they get their flights straightened out and make it with little to no stress.

Congrats on your impending nuptuals..

Edited by bguppies

Just an FYI....

This past week 1300 people missed the Getaway because of weather and missed flights.

Your flight sounds to stressful to me.

For this reason, we always arrive the day before our cruise so we can get out of what my wife calls "airport mode" and relax the night before the cruise in the city where it departs.

All this planning for a cruise is useless if you miss the boat.

It's worth taking an extra day to ensure you make it.

Howards

Just an FYI....

This past week 1300 people missed the Getaway because of weather and missed flights.

Your flight sounds to stressful to me.

For this reason, we always arrive the day before our cruise so we can get out of what my wife calls "airport mode" and relax the night before the cruise in the city where it departs.

All this planning for a cruise is useless if you miss the boat.

It's worth taking an extra day to ensure you make it.

Howards

They are getting married the day before...

The OP understands it is better to arrive the day before, but due to a somewhat more important day, they cannot arrive the day before.

From memory, the first day of that cruise is at sea so that means NCL have more flexibility with port departure time (can make up lost time at sea, before first port). If you are unable to change flights, ensure that you keep the ship fully posted i.e. call them and advise if flight delayed. Even if not delayed, call them when you land to let them know you are in transit.

Unofficially, NCL will wait for up to three hours if first day is not a port call although they will never admit that is the case.

Best wishes on your marriage, and have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by hamrag

For those that ..missed it : They are getting married the day before, so no travel then.

For the new couple. If you can not, or will not change to an earlier flight, then just have your act together.

Upon landing, get your bags and get moving. While one of you is looking for bags, the other can seek out the NCL folks.

Once you have your bags, if you do not see the NCL transfer people, then do not waste time looking, and grab a cab. Most people would do a cab anyways, faster and cheaper. Only good thing about the transfer is they KNOW you are coming.

Make sure you are registered ONLINE in advance, and have you papers all i hand. Remember, you are traveling under your maiden name. All papers should match that name.

From memory, the first day of that cruise is at sea so that means NCL have more flexibility with port departure time (can make up lost time at sea, before first port). If you are unable to change flights, ensure that you keep the ship fully posted i.e. call them and advise if flight delayed. Even if not delayed, call them when you land to let them know you are in transit.

Unofficially, NCL will wait for up to three hours if first day is not a port call although they will never admit that is the case.

Best wishes on your marriage, and have a wonderful cruise!

The ship is not going to delay the departure for 4,000 guests "for up to three hours" for people who fly in at 1 on sailing day. Not happening.

Edited by ColinIllinois

The ship is not going to delay the departure for 4,000 guests "for up to three hours" for people who fly in at 1 on sailing day. Not happening.

Trust me....provided the passengers involved are fully communicating with the ship it absolutely WILL when the first day is not a port call....NCL "silent" policy!!