Chankanaab - Dolphin/Manatee question

highlandcruiz

We are planning on doing a dolphin excursion while in Cozumel, and I am trying to decide between two different plans...

I am pregnant, so am only allowed to do the Dolphin Encounter. My daughter (6) and husband will also be there. Originally, we all wanted to do the Royal Swim - before I found out I couldn't, so should we....

A) all do the Dolphin Encounter, together, and then maybe all do the manatee encounter as well? or

B) I do the encounter alone, and they do the royal swim together, at a different time.

I think I'd like to be in the water, participating with my daughter... am I crazy to rob her of the royal swim experience? /overly dramatic, just like she is. :D

ETA: Oh! And what hotel do I say we're staying at, when I book through the website?

Edited by highlandcruiz

Unless you are sailing Carnival, I don't think you need to pretend you are staying at a hotel.

My opinion on your other question - she's only six. You will have many, many years in the future to take her on a more dramatic experience if you want to. If being in the water with dolphins and being able to touch them is not exciting enough I only hate to think what your life will be like when she gets to be 12 going on 20, like my grandaughter:). IMHO having the experience with Mom included is worth much more than doing the more dramatic visit. If you think there will be trouble, let her get her tantrums over before the cruise starts. Set the expectations now, deal with the drama now, and then have a great time.

The answer to the hotel question is "leave it blank".

Unless things have changed, the last time we were in Chankanaab, my wife was booked for their Dolphin thing....the Park didn't care if we were with Carnival, RCL or the Bates Motel.

We got off the ship quickly/early, grabbed a cab and went to Chankanaab. I paid the entrance fee (less $2 online coupon), her entrance was included in her Dolphin adventure pkg.

She had a blast. The park put her into a group (small) for her Dolphin encounter. That's all there was to it.

A little later the first groups from the ship showed up...and did their thing.

As I remember, we were on the Glory.

I did it just over a year ago from Carnival Liberty and just didn't answer that question about the hotel. They never asked me at Chankanaab(though I think I had an answer ready but couldn't tell you now) and I never volunteered. It never came up so I don't see it being an issue.