International Cafe salads question

rjack22

I have heard that the International Café has fabulous salads. Can anyone tell me what kinds of large salads they have, like for your whole meal type salad? For example a Chef's Salad. What do they have available?
No Chef's salad but definitely meal-type salads. There's a chicken Waldorf salad, shrimp salad, Greek salad, sandwiches, pastries, etc. You can ask for as much or as little as you want. Here are a couple of photos from the Sapphire to give you an idea.

DSC00056.JPG

DSC00057.JPG

I see you're on the Royal Princess and the buffet has several salad bars that are fabulous. You can make a small or huge salad, or even a Chef's salad:

DSC02896.JPG

DSC02897.JPG

DSC02899.JPG

And those aren't all the salad options on the Royal. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

They don't have lettuce salads. They are "composed", as my grandmother would say. The shrimp salad is good. It's mostly shrimp with some celery and a mayonnaise-type dressing. Think of the word "salad" as in chicken salad, tuna salad, etc.

They also had a different soup of the day. I tried the New England Clam Chowder and it was good (being from New England we are pretty spoiled though) The dining room never really had a good choice of soups but this International Cafe did.

That's odd. On my cruises, it always seemed that whatever soup they had at the IC was also in the buffet and often in the MDR on the same day, so if you didn't like the soup choice in one place, good luck finding one you liked elsewhere. Maybe it is different on other sailings.

I have heard that the International Café has fabulous salads. Can anyone tell me what kinds of large salads they have, like for your whole meal type salad? For example a Chef's Salad. What do they have available?

We have spent many a times eating salads at the IC.....they are really good!

I really liked the shrimp salad. I think it had cucumbers, etc. in it - delicious!

The shrimp salad is delicious when they make it without the fennel. It seems that there are two different recipes, and one has large pieces of fennel in it which we hate. On the Emerald last year they offered to make the recipe without fennel for us so we were very happy.

In January or late December they changed some of the salads from the old standards. I didn't try any of the new ones, but several of them looked very good.

I don't know about the Royal, but there were different salads in the IC on the Sapphire last month. Instead of the various salads mention above, these were the salads at the IC one day:

• Goat Cheese, Roasted Bell Pepper, Toasted Almonds and Orso Pasta Salad, Cranberry Vinaigrette
  • Mixed Green Salad
  • Shrimp, Radish and Chick Peas Salad with Preserved Lemon,Taboule Style
  • Chicken Rotisserie Salad with Pineapple, Lime-Curry Creamy Dressing
  • Watermelon Caprese Salad with Tomato, Mozzarella and Arugula

I don't know about the Royal, but there were different salads in the IC on the Sapphire last month. Instead of the various salads mention above, these were the salads at the IC one day:

• Goat Cheese, Roasted Bell Pepper, Toasted Almonds and Orso Pasta Salad, Cranberry Vinaigrette
  • Mixed Green Salad
  • Shrimp, Radish and Chick Peas Salad with Preserved Lemon,Taboule Style
  • Chicken Rotisserie Salad with Pineapple, Lime-Curry Creamy Dressing
  • Watermelon Caprese Salad with Tomato, Mozzarella and Arugula

I was on the Coral in December and they had the above salads. They were delicious ! They rotate the salads. They didn't have Greek salad and chicken salad everyday. I did speak to the person behind the counter and he was kind enough to share the daily rotation. I can't tell you what was on each day because they had an odd number of rotation days and then repeated the rotation again.

Sali